Blade Runner 2049

I dunno, this is still difficult for me.
Dealing with Deckard back is a major hurdle for me as I have previously stated that should remain as mystery.
I honestly can't see what the compelling reason is to show him again, what possible need is there to blow out the mystery of his fate in the 1st film
just for the benefit of a 2nd? Is it that mindblowing a reason? I don't care at all for what Scott did to ALIENs back story at all with engineers, ancient astronauts etc.
Is this just more of that kind of treatment? Remove the mystery with explaining everything?

Gosling I enjoyed in Drive greatly, he doesn't bother me. Gaff makes sense to bring back as I have said.

The posters?
The car doesn't seem to fit the universe quite right, having obsessed 35 years you grow used to the Syd Mead designs and retro fitted look of everything like
the Alpha Romeo.

Again there is Deckard and some kind of ruins? Not looking much like Deckard even, I see just old Harrison Ford now, he doesn't carry the weight he did for me when he was young.
I dunno I have so much to overcome to open the door for this still. Silly huh?

I dunno I have so much to overcome to open the door for this still. Silly huh?

nope. I'm right there with ya.

"Blade Runner" was one of those formative films for me, along with films like "Brazil" and "One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest".
I, personally, do not want, nor need, a sequel.
Ah well. Whatever... Ridley lost me way back in the '90s. "Gladiator" was good, everything else... meh.

Maybe that's the point?

Look it's Deckard! I guess my problem with it is that he is wearing the same clothes in the movie as what he does in real life. Give us something different. Throw some buckles and leds on (just kidding)

Harrison-Ford.jpg

Look it's Deckard! I guess my problem with it is that he is wearing the same clothes in the movie as what he does in real life. Give us something different. Throw some buckles and leds on (just kidding)

View attachment 726477

Well, I had no pre-conceptions regarding what Harrison Ford wears during his daily routine. If his wardrobe is going to be the only problem with this film, we're going to be blessed.

The lacklustre poster is the first blown opportunity so far. Have great hopes for this as the credentials of those involved are of the highest order. Proud people who would be most aware of what came before them.

I have to say the new spinner design, I`m assuming the one in the poster is K`s personal ride, looks pretty cool from the back. Has a realistic look in that it seems a more sturdier design than the original, when you think about all the things that can be hit or hit you at speed and altitude I`d want some heavy plating.

Deckard`s look so far is a little disappointing but if Gaff the Dandy has given up and getting about in tracksuit pants and a singlet, I`m out!;)

I think the spinner in the first movie was designed with 20-50's car curves in mind. I can't wait to see more of the new Spinner. Just hope there will be plastic kits made for this.

I am ok with both posters. I felt Deckard wearing tees and jeans with the blaster looks badass. I just hope they don't off him in this movie.

I think the spinner in the first movie was designed with 20-50's car curves in mind. I can't wait to see more of the new Spinner. Just hope there will be plastic kits made for this.

I am ok with both posters. I felt Deckard wearing tees and jeans with the blaster looks badass. I just hope they don't off him in this movie.

Fingers crossed there will be model kits and heaps of other stuff to.. Cant wait to see the proper POLICE spinner and Patrolman uniforms as well.

This is abysmal. Ridley's original movie was visionary in every aspect not to mention prophetic and John Alvin's incredible poster and Drew's subsequent posters show and underscore the visual revolution Ridley foresaw. These new posters are nothing like that, they look like Fast and Furious one sheets and they are simply lazy and surprise, surprise they used the tedious lonely man in a desolate wasteland - not at all in keeping with BR..

For me they are an utter disgrace...

18319346_10155223611394763_8508969448761667079_o.jpg

Fingers crossed there will be model kits and heaps of other stuff to.. Cant wait to see the proper POLICE spinner and Patrolman uniforms as well.

Oh yes!

The car on the K poster doesn't look like a police Spinner. It should be interesting to see the vehicles in this movie. Unless they pulled a TFA thing and Spinner still the same design.:facepalm

Completely agree about the teaser posters.

These are by the numbers Photoshop - lacklustre, uninteresting and look like every other thing pumped out by marketing departments these days.
The poster for this could have been fantastic, I was really expecting to see some Struzan inspired piece of work or some visual treatment that bridged the old and the new in some way. Kramstaar's work a few pages back was also superb. These are the sort of people needed for the graphic design here, not being short changed with this bland stuff.
What a missed opportunity. I hope they are not remotely indicative of the film.

Yeah, I can only agree with others here: posters are utter crap! They should've ask people here (or on Propsummit) to do them...at least those understand the look of Blade Runner...
Sure, it's years later, but still!:behave

Posters are bobbins. But I suspect better ones will come along soon.

I've not read too much into the upcoming film as I want to go in with minimal idea as to what will happen (And low expectations) but I will make a healthy bet that
Goslings character and indeed pretty much the entire population of the city are in fact unaware Replicants and humans have long died off

But they wouldn't be that obvious, would they?

Off ? Or retire ?? Eh ? See what I did there ?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back