My scratch built Stormtrooper Blaster

megafern

Hi, just stumbled upon this site when I was looking for Buckaroo Banzai pix. I don't really have any friends who build stuff and wanted to share my first major build.

This is my scratch built Stormtrooper Blaster. I'm the repair tech for the NYU film program, so I had lots of scrap light stands, boompoles, lens parts, etc that I used for most of it. I made the handle out of a piece of 2x4, the trigger mechanism came from an old pellet gun, and the magazine and sites are made out of sheet aluminum. I based it on the later version of the blaster partly because it was a little simpler and I liked the look of it better. I would like to redo the scope since it doesn't look enough like the original. Plan on making some kind of wall mount for it next.

Check out my album for more pix.

Great to have found this place! Will also post some pix of my Buckaroo Banzai Jet Car soon.

Sean

+1 :thumbsup

The only things that really stand out (to me) as being noticeably different are the muzzle and the scope. I definitely dig that you have a working folding stock on it. That's uber cool! Great job!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back