Fiber Glass helmet help

<div class='quotetop'>(CMANavy @ Jul 29 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1290095[/snapback]</div>
I have a nice fiberglass helmet but the inside is rather rough and woudl be a nightmare to wear as is. How do I smooth it our or cover it up so I dont get fiberglass all over my gace and head?
[/b]
Perhaps a thin layer of adhesive padding? Difficult to say really... all depends on how "rough" the surface is.

You could always try magic sculpt it's easy to use and you can smooth it out wih water with your hands easy to sand down and turn as hard as a rock in 24 hours ;)

I've worked with fiberglass more times than I care to remember.... for the inside of a helmet... spray on plast-dip. Give it about 3 to 4 coats and you're GTG. Oh and it also "seals" the FG, so there's no fumes. So it's smooth and you don't get a contact high while wearing it.

Sorry about that, I misspelled it above... it "plasti-dip" it's a rubber type... stuff, that you dip tool handles in. You can buy it at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. For coating fiberglass, I suggest the spray on type.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back