Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Build Thread

Re: Boba Fett (EMPIRE) Build Thread

Man you have some serious skills. What other suits have you made? You're in central cal garrison right? Can't wait to see your suit in person some day.

This is my first and only full suit. I do commissions though and right now working on hard parts for 3 other suits all ESB Fetts. Yup, I'm in the CCG South Valley Squad. Which Garrison are you in? Yeah it'd be great to meet you in person!

Looking good. Nice job on the Pulce!

Thanks Matty Matt. Hey How's your ANH R2 coming? We just did a troop with a guys R2 unit. The exterior was way too clean but man all the lights and details were spot on! He showed me a trick on how to diffuse the light perfectly for the two large colored circular lights. :)

Wow the EE3 looks AMAZING mate! Could you tell me where I can get a flash tube for it from please?

Well the original flash tube used was an MPP flash tube but since these are also used for Vaders saber these are in high demand and far and in between, if you find one you'll spend over $500 so good luck with that. I used a heiland 2 cell which are still readily available and you can find them for $50 or even less on ebay sometimes! There is also A guy on here who makes replica flash tubes but I think they are about the same price as a heiland. I've purchased 3 heiland 2 cells in the past year.

Wow, really cool man. Most impressive :)

I never thought I would get a compliment from ALF! Haha thanks man.

This is the Boba Fett I've been looking for. [emoji2]

Stormy!!! I want to see your Brass Webley!! Show me!

Last edited:

Thanks Matty Matt. Hey How's your ANH R2 coming? We just did a troop with a guys R2 unit. The exterior was way too clean but man all the lights and details were spot on! He showed me a trick on how to diffuse the light perfectly for the two large colored circular lights. :)

It's going great! Steady progress, but it's such a big build it doesn't seem like much.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow the EE3 looks AMAZING mate! Could you tell me where I can get a flash tube for it from please?

You can also make one from a 1.5" chrome sink pipe if you don't need a real flash tube. Should cost about $2.

It's going great! Steady progress, but it's such a big build it doesn't seem like much.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a crazy build! It'll be amazing when your finished!

You can also make one from a 1.5" chrome sink pipe if you don't need a real flash tube. Should cost about $2.

This is also a viable option :)

My buddy Brett took some cool photo's while we were hanging out in the changing room at our last troop in Clovis, California. Nothing too crazy but the backdrop was white so it was good enough to do some ESB poses :D

Boba Fett ESB 4.jpg Boba Fett ESB 1.jpg Boba Fett ESB 2.jpg
Boba Fett ESB 3.jpg Boba Fett Pose 4.jpg

I was able to go to my first convention last weekend. It ended up being an Anime-Con but we were there to represent the 501st. It was a lot of fun and there were some really unique characters!

Boba Fett ESB Fettastic.jpg

We had a pretty good Squad representing the Central California Garrison South Valley Squad.

Last edited:

You have one of the best ESB fetts I have ever seen Fettastic! The suit looks so authentic and you have the perfect body type for it. Dang, If only I was as tall ...

You have one of the best ESB fetts I have ever seen Fettastic! The suit looks so authentic and you have the perfect body type for it. Dang, If only I was as tall ...

Have to agree, even your body size is perfect among everything else. Quite an outstanding Fett! Well done!

Thanks again refugee! You've been very encouraging throughout my progress and I appreciate it. The biggest compliment is authenticity. It's one thing to make an accurate Fett and entirely different to make one look like its straight from the film in my humble opinion. I strove for the latter and I'm sure some Fett snobs would probably argue my choice of color on some parts are inaccurate.

Are you still rocking an ROTJ SE or did you ever make it over to the dark side and do an ESB? :D

Have to agree, even your body size is perfect among everything else. Quite an outstanding Fett! Well done!

Thanks Darth Fetty! Proportion is key ;)

Nah, i'm not going to comment anymore here! :p

:lol

Fantastic, very nicely done! That's a lot of work paid off into an awesome suit!

I have an ESB fett that I've been trying to put together for years. I lack the talent that you have though so I have some great people over at the TDH helping me put it together.

Thanks again refugee! You've been very encouraging throughout my progress and I appreciate it. The biggest compliment is authenticity. It's one thing to make an accurate Fett and entirely different to make one look like its straight from the film in my humble opinion. I strove for the latter and I'm sure some Fett snobs would probably argue my choice of color on some parts are inaccurate.

Are you still rocking an ROTJ SE or did you ever make it over to the dark side and do an ESB? :D

Thanks Darth Fetty! Proportion is key ;)

:lol

Outstanding. The costume is great but you look great in it as well. You really nailed the overall look, which is not easy to do.

Fantastic, very nicely done! That's a lot of work paid off into an awesome suit!

Thanks Deets!

I have an ESB fett that I've been trying to put together for years. I lack the talent that you have though so I have some great people over at the TDH helping me put it together.

Great! There are a lot of talented peeps over there at TDH. You are in good hands ;)

Outstanding. The costume is great but you look great in it as well. You really nailed the overall look, which is not easy to do.

Thanks again Matty!

As stated, one of the very best I've ever seen. Job very well done!

I really appreciate that mugatu. I have put a lot of time into it.

That looks like a promo pic taken during the filming of ESB. Your Fett is perfect, man!

Dude! Can you imagine your ESB Vader and My ESB Fett together!!! That would be a whole lot of epicness. I dream of doing some reenactment photo's.

I really appreciate that mugatu. I have put a lot of time into it.

Dude! Can you imagine your ESB Vader and My ESB Fett together!!! That would be a whole lot of epicness. I dream of doing some reenactment photo's.

Thanks, man....and you're right, that would be awesome! :cool

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back