1/700 & 1/350 scale BH Cygnus builds

Dave's added some more bits to his shapeways shop. Looking good, I've just bought the masts for the control tower and the main stern section. Getting there slowly...

I'm still plugging away as time allows. 90% of my stern is printable now. Not finished, but rebuilt into printable element sizes.

V4 NM0085.jpg V4 NM0093a.jpg V4 NM0106.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. Its not perfect, but it's better than what came out of the box.
As for your and Dave's work.....
Outstanding.
Roll on the day when the kits are finished and we can all see the end result.

Bigger bump- Dave's added more bits to his shapeways shop. The full bow's up.
The parts look really complex and it's clear that he must have spent an age on this brilliant work of art.
Currently I'm waiting on the upper stern sections, buying a couple of the bigger bits once a fortnight.
I'm also waiting on a quote from a local company that laser cut acrylic sheet.
Can't wait to get this finished.:).
It's going to be the centrepiece of my collection.

I'm just recovering from a big move but I'm eager to get the remaining parts...probably not all at once though. I do have the armature pieces.

The internal acrylic pieces that everything attaches too ;)

I got a quote form my laser cutter about them but he said he could not cut 1/32 as he did not carry acrylic that thin. So I'm looking for a new guy as soon as work slows down (August if I'm lucky)

Jedi Dade

The guy I went to(still waiting on quote) only works in metric. 3mm to be precise. Will have to find out about 1mm sheet as well then.

Hello everyone -- I'm finally getting some more work done. I'm attaching a PDF document that explains the stern section armature parts and how they fit together, and another one for the center span. Hopefully they will help.

32buds: I think 3mm acrylic sheet is sold here in the US as 1/8, so you should be good. Jedi Dade, the 1/32 pieces are really very simple -- all basic rectangles. You could probably cut them yourself out of any compatible transparent plastic like sheet styrene.

Here are the documents:

Attachments

• Stern Armature Part Guide.pdf
    430.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Center Span part ID.pdf
    478.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
The Laser cutter asked if I could get these as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator files. Is that something that is easy for you? Also where you have things like "2 each" he said he needed that laid out so he could take it to the cutter.

Do I just have a bad cutter or is this "normal"

Sorry Jedi Dade -- just saw this. The laser cutter I've ordered from prefers to lay out the multiple parts himself. I can send you the Illustrator files if you still have need of them -- just let me know.

Same here for me Dave. I'm still waiting on my quote also. Perhaps its because of the "silly season" we have here every july....

Sorry if I am missing something obvious but I could not find the Shapeways store with the Cygnus parts. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Archie

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back