Favorite Video Game?

Resident Evil 4 on PS2. I never was a gamer but I got a PS2 late in life. The kid in Game Stop said to buy this game in the bargain bin for $4. Weeks later, I finished......Like I just finished an awesome book. Its still my gold standard. Dead Space, Uncharted, Killzone and Doom 2016. Cant fail.

I'd have to go back to Rally Championship 2000; though I've still got a massive soft spot for the Monster Bash and Space Quest series

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, hands down.

Nocturne is another good one, even though it was low end and never got the sequel it deserved.

For me, it's Journey. The game's only 5 years old, but it's become my comfort game. If I'm in a bad mood or not feeling good, I just want to go play it, and feel better.

Fallout 3. Hands down.

Agreed. Whether because there was an actual dip in quality or the subsequent games simply couldn't replicate the impact of the "new-ness" of my initial exposure to Fallout 3, none of the others ever satisfied me quite as much. And, since, then, Fallout 3 is the bellwether for what I gravitate toward in other games - I just love the VATS mechanic over button-mash real-time shooters, and I loved the depth of the environment and the wonder it inspired. As such, I buy very few games - and I bought the Witcher 3 simply because it seemed to have a lot of the Fallout 3 qualities (minus VATS), but ultimately got bored not only with the complexity but with the lengthy cut-scenes that made it feel less like a game and more like watching a movie (though Witcher 3 is still incredibly impressive.) Other Bethesda games like Oblivion and Skyrim were "close but no cigar" as well, as I'm not big on the "sword and sorcery" milieu.

Runners-up for favorite game would be the GTA series and the Batman Arkham series (where detective mode is almost "quasi-VATS").

Aaaaand
I've pretty much listed in this post every single game I've bought in the past 6 or 7 years. So if anyone has a recommendation on good games that fit my admittedly-narrow criteria (Fallout-GTA-Arkham), please feel free to PM me so as to not derail this thread. I'm on XBox One, not PS3-4.

M

Multiplayer : Goldeneye64, Demon souls and socom 2

single player: Final Fantasy 3 ( can be multi player), FF12, FF 7, Final Fantast tactics lions war, Dragon Dogma ( killer design with importing others 2nds to help out)

i like RPG's if you can't tell lol

No way I can pick one. But I'll do a top 5:

Listed in no special order, and assuming all DLCs included...

1. Last of Us (PS4)
2. Mass Effect Trilogy (it's one story, shut your faces) (XBox 360)
3. Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders (C64)
4. GTA: Vice City (PS2)
5. Neuromancer (C64)

Agreed. Whether because there was an actual dip in quality or the subsequent games simply couldn't replicate the impact of the "new-ness" of my initial exposure to Fallout 3, none of the others ever satisfied me quite as much. And, since, then, Fallout 3 is the bellwether for what I gravitate toward in other games - I just love the VATS mechanic over button-mash real-time shooters, and I loved the depth of the environment and the wonder it inspired. As such, I buy very few games - and I bought the Witcher 3 simply because it seemed to have a lot of the Fallout 3 qualities (minus VATS), but ultimately got bored not only with the complexity but with the lengthy cut-scenes that made it feel less like a game and more like watching a movie (though Witcher 3 is still incredibly impressive.) Other Bethesda games like Oblivion and Skyrim were "close but no cigar" as well, as I'm not big on the "sword and sorcery" milieu.

Runners-up for favorite game would be the GTA series and the Batman Arkham series (where detective mode is almost "quasi-VATS").

Aaaaand
I've pretty much listed in this post every single game I've bought in the past 6 or 7 years. So if anyone has a recommendation on good games that fit my admittedly-narrow criteria (Fallout-GTA-Arkham), please feel free to PM me so as to not derail this thread. I'm on XBox One, not PS3-4.

M

Agreed. Fallout is, without a question, my favorite game series ever. It is what I measure other games against and very few ever measure up. If Bethesda would just make another Fallout game every year or two forever, I'd be a really happy guy. My genre is single-player first-person shooters. It's pretty much all I play. I'll play any Halo games they put out. I'm looking forward to Farcry 5. Having an open world is a bonus. So long as they don't give me half a game and expect me to play online with others, I'll shoot anything worth shooting. I even enjoy the Arkham games so far, although I still have to go back and finish up the end of the last one. I'd love more Bioshock. I want them to get the next Elder Scrolls out, even though I, like you, can't stand fantasy. The gameplay is amazing.

It's too bad that there are so few games that are really worth playing through for an extended period of time. I mean, I'm still playing Fallout 4 two years later because building settlements is still fun. Give me some more of that and I'll be happy.

Fallout is probably my favorite non SW property, but I had to put The Witcher 3 first. That game, GOTY edition straight through, felt like you actually just went on a journey after finishing it. It was awesome, but lengthy. I don't like lists like this because I could fill a top 20 list with my favorite games, so it's kind of a silly exercise, not offense to the OP, just these lists in general.

Galaga. I am the master of this game, and fully expect to be called upon by my President to save all mankind when the aliens return;)

Ok here is my list I will try to keep it short

NES: Contra
SNES: FF3 or Chrono Trigger or BF 2 or super Metroid
Genesis: Shining Force 2
Jag 64:: AVP
PS1: Parasite Eve 2 or FF7 or FF8
PS2: MGS4
PS3: RE4 or 5 or Aliens Colonial Marines
PC: Counter strike Global Offensive or D3

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back