Chewie build - Finished

Yeah Frisky I did, thank you. I mulled over other colours but in the end I went with those . Good choice!

Wow... what can I say to that. As for breaking into the Lucasfilm archives, I didnt want to say anything but :p... no I cant carry on that joke :) Thank you so much, after working on it for so long its just so amazing to hear people say things like that. Especially comments like it could be film used, and here on the RPF.

I am 6ft 5 bare foot, so the costume adds 1ft 3 or so inchs to my height. I am wearing some sort of stilt but they are of my own invention / concoction... that was the idea, for them to be invisible :D

Ill make a sure I get a good video of the snarl/mouth/sounds next time im in it.

well you did a great job then because I cannot see AT ALL where your real feet are. Seriously, bang up job!

Beside a mask from DougieFett this is the closest represantation of a movie accurate Chewie and the first one who got the body perfect......not that bulky than the other but very slim lookin......absolut fantastic work dude (y)love

I agree with everyone else, this is Top notch.

Brilliant work sir, I'm looking forward to seeing him in the flesh at memorabilia.

You should be as proud as punch.

Amazing

Thanks everyone :) centech - not all the body suit was punched, just the head and parts of the feet. NFT fur comes on a matted sheet which you can sew together like any normal top and trousers. As for the mask Bacca9, once printed I moulded it in fiberglass so light yes... but not quite as light as the printed plastic.

Thanks chef, see you at Mem!

Troop in 2 weeks, more pics and videos then.

This is clearly a hoax and he's blatantly showing a production made Chewie he's somehow stolen from Lucus' archives. :devil
All fooling aside, this is an incredible achievement. As others have previously said, this is the best Chewbacca ever. You should be extremely proud. :thumbsup

One detail that will make a very subtle but ultimately a HUGE difference... Get yourself some light blue contact lenses if you don't already have blue eyes. This is a MUST to sell the whole Chewie image.

I already have light blue contacts Trooper_trent, unfortunatly due to the lighting at Excel you cant see them in those pictures. I fully agree though, you need that noticeable blue point in a sea of brown.

Wow, that is absolutely wonderful. I feel like this is Chewie for real. This is just like the screen used suit. The likeness in the face is so hard to get correct and this one is perfect! Kudos!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back