Official Tie Pilot Hose Search

Hey... should we look for the grey ANH hose as well that's connected to the chest box but doesn't really connect to anywhere else? Or has that been identified?

SO wait a minute.

The original thread starter got the info HE wanted and then deletes all of his posts so no one can see?

Is this what this forum has come to?

Why is this allowed?

Makes me sick.

I have an old vacuum hose (Ones that are about 5-6' long and attached to a vacuum seperately) that while it is a whitish color (or might be light grey) looks really close.

If I can get a decent camera, I will post pics.

Hi all.I am not an expert but this is what AA said in his website "PVC wire reinforced flexible breathing pipe from the original 1976 supplier".

I think he bought them in UK.Here are some links to UK hoses supplier.

I hope it helps.

Flexible Ducting

Holmes Hose Ltd

It was determined that the stuff AA sells with his Chestbox is not accurate to the originals. It may be the same supplier but it is not the same hose.

I believe RBJ found something extremely close to the originals just read through this entire thread. It was determined that the screen-used hoses were rubber based.

Was it ever confirmed that the hose GINO found was an exact match?

As far as I know, no one has ever seen the stuff Gino found..

The hose I found was close, but not the real deal..and I have been out for a while ( I'd need a bunch of people to go in for another run ) the search continues!

How mysterious.

So a question out of left field...

Would it be more likely that the hose came from an American manufacturer and AA picked it up at a UK distributor, or it was a UK/European based manufacturer and distributor?

It may be impossible to answer that at this point, but it would help narrow down the search...

36721564655_b2bfb9a571_m.jpg

@RBJ, I was hoping you'd get enough interest to get another batch, but it looks like you never did. So I was going to get my own. But US Plastics has restructured their online catalog. I wasn't sure of the exact type within the "flexible hose" section, so I was looking at everything. I noticed the item number in the link you posted was similar to several, but that specific thing seems to not be currently carried. But it was hose made by someone else, and sold through US Plastics. So I went to their site and did a pretty thorough delve, and well... I found this:

StretchHose-1.jpg

Thoughts?

And I'll try to revive the thread revival yet again! I just received my TIE Pilot helmet from RS Props and would like to display it with hose as screen-accurate as I can locate.

RBJ - I'm sure the hose you had back then is long gone, but if not I'd love to buy some from you. Most of the links from the old postings here are dead, so it looks like we're all having to start the search all over again...

Dan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back