Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Back to the perforated screen for the neck brace for a moment. I don't recall if this was ever kicked around here before but years ago I was trying to source slotted mesh for a 1966 Batmobile model and K&S used to make a slotted mesh similar to that on the Reveal, naturally it is long discontinued. I haven't been able to score a sheet of it for comparison but here is a photo:

Rectangular Perforated Sheet.jpg

Dave

Rectangular Perforated Sheet.jpg

Thanks for the input Dave, I’m still looking for the correct type, but as yet no joy, I’ve now got a little more time on my hands so I’m now able to concentrate more on searching and building

Hi chaps I’m still around busy busy busy with real world stuff, I’ve got a part back from my nephew today, inner mask black rubber thingy !!!
ACDDD414-D849-466E-9259-5089E3C3CDA1.jpeg882B6BF4-13A8-46EA-831A-1E56BF1146C7.png
they are still a little bit soft and flexible, so I’m going to ask him to stiffen them up a little then I will take another look and post a pic
looking good I think
input any body ?

Is that the fabric you're going to use inside? At times I wonder if I'll ever be able to finish mine properly ... on a sidenote I've seen the original helmet on display ... alas I could not peak inside due to the way it was so horribly displayed at SW Identities :

SW-Identities_74-e1468599310913_zpsyqpdnun3.jpg

:wacko

Chaïm

Last edited:
Is that the fabric you're going to use inside? At times I wonder if I'll ever be able to finish mine properly ... on a sidenote I've seen the original helmet on display ... alas I could not peak inside due to the way it was so horribly displayed at SW Identities :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...es_74-e1468599310913_zpsyqpdnun3.jpg~original

:wacko

Chaïm
Hi Chaim
No I won’t be using this fabric, it’s the only thing I’ve found at the moment so I thought I would take a picture of my disc, using the material as a backdrop to see the look of them together. The wife and I are always on the lookout for closer looking fabrics, we visit charity shops and vintage clothing shops hoping to find the original material, it’s not herringbone as my material but more a zig zag
4810C0F7-6002-4182-87A3-46E73A7A58EC.jpeg66D1898F-81CB-4AE3-9D86-801474075AC4.png
Also this material could be slightly darker, and the lighting does not help, I’m still on the lookout for better material as this was only a quick cheap buy £2.00 for a shirt.

Hi Chaim
No I won’t be using this fabric, it’s the only thing I’ve found at the moment so I thought I would take a picture of my disc, using the material as a backdrop to see the look of them together. The wife and I are always on the lookout for closer looking fabrics, we visit charity shops and vintage clothing shops hoping to find the original material, it’s not herringbone as my material but more a zig zag
View attachment 794315View attachment 794316
Also this material could be slightly darker, and the lighting does not help, I’m still on the lookout for better material as this was only a quick cheap buy £2.00 for a shirt.

Thats right the original is a lot darker as on the flashpics around there.

I was a trooper for a day but I was packaged wrong
FE7744E8-A3AE-4819-B987-C79BA197553F.jpeg
At Hamleys toy store in London
I couldn’t resist

Also I was the next Doctor near the Disney store
Well it was rude not to have a pic with the beautiful Tardis
465B6E09-91CF-46EE-A492-7D9028D50EF9.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have the original photo, but I tried taking the over exposure, from the flash, out for you guys.
IMG_0999.JPG

Hope this helps. & I'm living vicariously through you guys. I'd love to build this helmet, however I just don't have the room (or talent) for a build this complex.

IMG_0999.JPG

Thanks Russ it does look darker than I’d imagined, I’ve not had the pleasure of seeing the actual prop in real life/in person

I’m been doing some scale drawings of the the grill on the neck brace as looking for the original or anything that even resembles the correct size is getting frustrating and time wasting.
Once I have the correct size/scale I will save them for a later stage for photo etching.
I’m now thinking ahead for another part, I have some ideas that I’m currently on the lookout for
1C215361-336D-4ED9-B936-A28D36943032.jpeg
Has this part ever been identified ? To me it looks like some sort of axel from a kit of some sort, anybody have any ideas or anything you might have heard from the past ?

It was never identified from what I know.Made mine from scratch.
Thanks Mark
ive just been on the prop den reading you build posts for your reveal !!! Wow those comments where deep, glad your still here and not put off from doing what you do best.

Thanks Mark
ive just been on the prop den reading you build posts for your reveal !!! Wow those comments where deep, glad your still here and not put off from doing what you do best.

Are you talking about the comments of "No Humor Man" there?

The propden is not the RPF.In the future I will never post something I build on the den.I posted only my finished mask there to close the story.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back