eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

..... Makes me think that maybe they have abandont the project and are trying to make people forget.

Trust me. No one, I mean NO ONE, will forget. & IF they have abandoned this project & are "hoping" those who have ordered will just go away, then they will never be forgiven.
I don't know what's going on in this company, or this project (an update is needed desperately), but I do NOT believe that this project has been abandoned.

You know, I do personally wonder does Disney and/or Lucasfilm have any idea what is happening with the non-delivery of the BIker Scout helmet? From the look of it,.... they either is not aware or do not care. Cause eFX can now boast of having the prop replica license for the sequel Trilogy.

They do, I sent them a longer e-mail regarding efx, it was only a short while after that they came with updates regarding the project. I can only speculate if that was the result of my e-mail and that Lucasfilm had reached out to them though.

I feel bad for anyone that purchased the eFX Scout Trooper Helmet, I thought the price was too much for a Scout Trooper Helmet since I could just buy a kit for about $200. I am starting to think eFX may begin to ship them only because they don't want to lose their license.

I feel bad for anyone that purchased the eFX Scout Trooper Helmet, I thought the price was too much for a Scout Trooper Helmet since I could just buy a kit for about $200. I am starting to think eFX may begin to ship them only because they don't want to lose their license.

They just got sequel trilogy license...

You know, I do personally wonder does Disney and/or Lucasfilm have any idea what is happening with the non-delivery of the BIker Scout helmet? From the look of it,.... they either is not aware or do not care. Cause eFX can now boast of having the prop replica license for the sequel Trilogy.

This is why I encouraged the mass mailing. I don't have any money invested in anything from eFX and I'm glad I never did

What is happening isn't fair at all... if I was involved with this. I would have organized a mass mailing to Disney. Gathered everyone who's waiting and have them all mail a letter the same day, Disney would end up with a pile of written letters. Backed up by emails all sent on the same day. This would get their attention

Honestly, I think it is becoming clear that eFX is going down the drain so to speak. I know I'll never purchase anything from eFX in the future no matter how cool it is. Do you guys remember eFX saying they had found and molded an original ANH Stormtrooper Hero Suit? Helmet and everything. They said they would be releasing it later in the year ( that was in April of 2015) for around $2000. You can watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48niAkKMzg

EDIT: Forgot to mention "Tested" did a great with the misleading thumbnail. ;)

Doubtful it interferes since they've already done kylo, the FO trooper, and Rey, and Poe, etc.

Pretty sure they can make a helmet as screen accurate as they want with as high a level material as they want, just have to sell it as a costume helmet and can't have a stand, although they said they'd look into the stand.

I was surprised at the gun. That's the main reason i think it's foam and orange - so as to not infringe on the 'prop license' - which is being completely squandered...why pay for it if you're not going to use it? It's a hefty fee to get the license in and of itself. Not making things costs you money. Not counting their chrome stuff, it's been like 3 years since they've done a new product. Maybe more. How they keep the license delivering nothing in that time frame is mind boggling.

Does anyone know what kind of products the efx sequel license covers? I hope it doesn't interfere with Anovos making helmets and costumes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It won't, remember Anovos has the costume license and eFX the replica. As long as all there stuff is usable by cosplayers and not with stands they are gtg.

Does anyone know what kind of products the efx sequel license covers? I hope it doesn't interfere with Anovos making helmets and costumes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

eFX's license won't interfere with ANOVOS's license. ANOVOS actually releases their products, so there IS no way to interfere with eFX. Hell, they could release their stuff WITH stands, & that wouldn't interfere with any of the products eFX isn't putting out.

I believe that the license fee is only part of the equation - i think LFL gets a royalty per piece as well. Makes it all the more bizarre they let efx continue. It's costing both of them money.

I don't think we have seen any examples of directly similar products being released by efx and Anovos at the same time. By that I mean basically the same helmet from the same movie. They both have OT stormtrooper helmets, but an idealized PCR is quite different than a more movie style ABS. They both have Vaders, but efx had an ANH fiberglass several years before Anovos started delivering SW product and now a PCR while Anovos has an ESB based fiberglass. PropShop was selling similar products to Anovos but at a very different price range.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

And that was the end of the 3 year long case between me and Efx, after placing a $300 deposit for the Legend edition of the Biker scout helmet in September 2014.
After a lot of e-mailing, I managed to get Efx to ship me a Darth Vader SE helmet, using my $300 deposit. Helmet arrived in Norway yesterday and I'm happy to say that no more orders are being placed with Efx directly.

This is now my 4th Efx helmet replica, got the Luke, Wedge and Stormtrooper helmet and now this bucket. Taking it out of the box, holding it, it doesn't feel like a $329 product($500 with shipping and taxes), it's more like a "deluxe halloween mask".

DarthFail_01.jpg

Isn't the SE Scout lid cast fibreglass, and the LE vacformed like the original? Still doesn't explain the long wait, but could explain why the SE version is "ready to go" (but not really) and and LE has had no update.

Isn't the SE Scout lid cast fibreglass, and the LE vacformed like the original? Still doesn't explain the long wait, but could explain why the SE version is "ready to go" (but not really) and and LE has had no update.

The EFX Limited Edition (LE) Scout helmet is supposed to be fiberglass and the Legend ABS.

And that was the end of the 3 year long case between me and Efx, after placing a $300 deposit for the Legend edition of the Biker scout helmet in September 2014.
After a lot of e-mailing, I managed to get Efx to ship me a Darth Vader SE helmet, using my $300 deposit. Helmet arrived in Norway yesterday and I'm happy to say that no more orders are being placed with Efx directly.

This is now my 4th Efx helmet replica, got the Luke, Wedge and Stormtrooper helmet and now this bucket. Taking it out of the box, holding it, it doesn't feel like a $329 product($500 with shipping and taxes), it's more like a "deluxe halloween mask".

http://www.digitalartwork.no/therpf/DarthFail_01.jpg

Whoa! Whoa! WHOA!!! Hold the phone! You got an email response from eFX?! :eek That's like seeing Bigfoot, while being eaten by a shark, as you're being stung by a bee at the same moment you're being struck by lightning, while holding a winning lottery ticket.

Anyhoo, so when you say, "using my $300 deposit", does that mean you've effectively cancelled your Scout helmet order? Did they switch your deposit for an order?

In any event, congrats on finally receiving your apology helmet. It looks great sitting on a helmet stand on a shelf. I'm trying to be positive :rolleyes. I've actually got mine at my cousins house. Since I already own the fiberglass Limited, I didn't need (nor do I have room for) another ANH Vader helmet.

Whoa! Whoa! WHOA!!! Hold the phone! You got an email response from eFX?! :eek That's like seeing Bigfoot, while being eaten by a shark, as you're being stung by a bee at the same moment you're being struck by lightning, while holding a winning lottery ticket.

Anyhoo, so when you say, "using my $300 deposit", does that mean you've effectively cancelled your Scout helmet order? Did they switch your deposit for an order?

In any event, congrats on finally receiving your apology helmet. It looks great sitting on a helmet stand on a shelf. I'm trying to be positive :rolleyes. I've actually got mine at my cousins house. Since I already own the fiberglass Limited, I didn't need (nor do I have room for) another ANH Vader helmet.

All that while riding a unicorn over a rainbow.

Took me sending them about 3 e-mails a day for months before I managed to tick off Bryan Ono enough so that he in the end said yes to use my desposit to pay for this helmet instead. This then cancelled my pre-order for the Biker scout helmet. It took longer to get to me as I used a relay service that cost a bit less than the $200 Efx wanted to charge me in shipping costs to have it sent to Norway. I set my waiting limit to this year, so I had to do this to close the chapter on this case. I had hoped the Vader helmet would look much better than it did, but the ABS plastic looks and feels cheap and the paint job isn't that good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back