Galac-Tac Spec Ops / Boba Fett Build

BigStick

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

After the most recent SDCC I finally decided to go all-in. Had been wanting to join the 501st / MEPD and build a Sandtrooper Armor set. While researching the build I stumbled upon this kit being offered used by another member....

IA7fGSF.jpg

This is how I received it- helmet, chest armor, shoulder armor & load bearing vest. Was painted in desert tan & lightly weathered. Being prior military I liked the idea of a Star Wars based character with a U.S. Spec Ops flavoring.

Jos5rbr.jpg

Went to work on the helmet first. I have a large head, and the bump cap suspension system was a little too tight. Ripped all that out & took the helmet completely apart. Repaint & weathered. Added foam helmet pads from amazon. Now super comfy & fits like a glove. Also added foam cheek pieces & painted to match.

fvB1Wwb.jpg

ser3GIs.jpg

mMuO0qX.jpg

Next was the chest armor. Needed a little more 'wear & tear'. Also decided to add the Punisher logo. Added a rubber combat knife to the left shoulder. Also added some ammo pouches to the LBV up front & weathered them. Made some 30 round M4 rifle magazines out of foam to fill them out.

8MI5RFx.jpg

ViXF5NT.jpg

Next up: the backpack & more!
:)

Last edited:
I've seen this gear before. It's pretty awesome looking. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I've seen this gear before. It's pretty awesome looking. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

When I first saw it for sale, I immediately jumped on line to research and was really impressed. Got it in the mail & was blown away, super detailed and it had so much potential for more.

So, the backpack.... wanted something that would pay homage to both Boba Fett & our troops. Looked closely at the Star Wars Universe for inspiration. There were some clone-trooper packs that had potential. Didn't want a direct copy of the Fett pack. During my search I found a kids Ghostbuster's proton pack that had a lot of detail and was just the right size.

VBz2uTC.jpg

Idea was ro repurpose it it as a comms/ rocket pack. Disassembled & weathered it, then attached the grip portion to the main body as a radio mast. The barrel was repurposed as a fuel cell. Then on to the jump/rocket portion, which I built out of foam. Gauntlets are also in progress....

Z9Tehhu.jpg

Finished pack with radio mast. It attaches to the rear of the LBV with clips. I plan to add a bedroll across the top.

Ja0hlgO.jpg

fqZj39O.jpg

Next up: Gauntlets & Shoulder Armor.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back