Halloween costumes air mag conversion

cool, that's what I was thinking. They just need to get branded and slimed (I would add one of the upper layer on this to get the material right - see my tuto for this on the V2 mod thread :) )

you can get them for less money now on amazon ;)

For the "classic HC" your shoes don't look like the new pictures... maybe the old batch isn't sold out...

Cheaper on Amazon? Which ones? If so pm me a link please? [emoji16][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, in Canada, someone isn't getting thoses V3 and still in the process to convert his HCs...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-07-27 à 17.18.06.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-27 à 17.18.06.png
    447.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Capture d’écran 2016-07-27 à 17.18.15.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-27 à 17.18.15.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Capture d’écran 2016-07-27 à 17.18.23.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-27 à 17.18.23.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 1,323
If you guys are looking to get a pair to experiment, it is the moment : They're on sale for 80 now !!!

PS : I think they've photoshopped the shoes because on the new pictures, exept for the toebox, they look better...
Look at this picture : They almost look like V2s... ?
back-future-marty-mcfly-jacket.jpg

If you guys are looking to get a pair to experiment, it is the moment : They're on sale for 80 now !!!

PS : I think they've photoshopped the shoes because on the new pictures, exept for the toebox, they look better...
Look at this picture : They almost look like V2s... ?
http://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/17854/1-1/back-future-marty-mcfly-jacket.jpg

Well I think people are just going to wait for their newer jacket that is much better than this one. Me personally when I start my project on it I will change many things on it, but it is a much better base jacket. Gosh I have so many projects. The military really slows down hobbies of this sort.
authentic-marty-mcfly-jacket.jpg

@RVLF
It is photoshopped. Not to make them look better. But to remove the ribs from the sides of the shoe when they stopped putting the ribs on the side and made them smooth.

They did the same thing with the pictures on the HC Mag page itself.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=224737&page=37&p=3708488&viewfull=1#post3708488

not sure about the ribs been removed cause on this picture (thanks @MitasTouch) you clearly see that the guy have the "old" puffy, awfully dark grey, shapless shoes (the one I have modified) :
authentic-marty-mcfly-jacket.jpg

Not sure, but look at the pictures in detail, you'll see that they've been changed on the website :
- no rim on the edges of the lacebox
- laces looks better
- better colour
- less puffy
attachment.php

attachment.php

Or they might have used a "proto" for the shooting (in this case that is a false advertising !!! )

Another strange thing :
Why using the old shoe on this picture of a new jacket ?
These sellers pisses me off ! I would like to get another pair but I want to get what I see on the website not a random pair with ribs or the same thing I had the 2 first time I ordered from them :/

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-08-02 à 09.47.20.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-08-02 à 09.47.20.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 518
  • Capture d’écran 2016-08-02 à 09.47.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-08-02 à 09.47.29.png
    72 KB · Views: 525

Those are definitely the V2's they used in that photo. The ribs, the material, the height, the shape is all V2.

The reason they did that is most likely because it's the same maker that did the V2 and HC's. Which always made me laugh when people would buy the HC's just because they were "authorized".

yes the HCs were much worse than the V2s, unfortunately. :( Would have been so much easier for them to just keep manufacturing the same shoe with a blank heel cup and no swoosh, dont know why it was changed. surely adding more foam in can't save on manufacturing costs.

They are the pre-prodution samples they used to shoot all the ad pictures.

It is the same lot of samples from this picture...
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=505070

And here it is photoshopped....
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=505072

These are @JLeezy23 comparison pics.

Obviously not a V2. And gray-sole+tail-spatter was never used in HC production. It was seamfoam+tail or gray+dots. So that identifies it as a pre-production shoe.

Forgot to add. @RVLF The reason it doesn't look like there is a sewn lace border in the old jacket picture. The pre-productions had a finer-sewn border. It didn't have that lumpy roll. You can see how they were in the pictures I linked to here.

Last edited:
attachment.php

No they are V2. No stitching around the laces.

And sometimes V2 arrived with stitching on their straps. I know of at 3 pair like that.

Last edited:
After taking another look, I believe the spatter on the ??? shoes matches the spatter on the JLeezy23 comparison pics I linked.

Specifically, the right shoe has a distinctive long curved line on the right side of the shoe tip. I also believe there is a dot match of two strong dots on the inside of the left shoe one at the tip of the big toe and one about 1 or 1 1/2 inches to the rear.

Yep, I had a closer look after my post and for sure that picture have been photoshoped (just look at the HD pic and you'll see a difference in the mesh and colours)
It is obvious when you see the two pictures that you've posted of the same angle ;)

as for the picture of the guy with the Jacket, I'm thinking that it is not the V2... :/
I just wonder why adding this amount of foam and the rounded edges on these when they almost had something good looking for the proto and the shot :( me so desapointed !

I don't know why they added more foam. The first run HC, the seafoam soles. Those had nice breezy uppers. And mine have held up fine, except the power switch is slowly failing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back