New McFly jean jacket replica!

How do you guys feel these run size wise? Like is HG's Medium equivalent to a North American Medium, or do they run a little smaller or bigger?

Tks all!

How do you guys feel these run size wise? Like is HG's Medium equivalent to a North American Medium, or do they run a little smaller or bigger?

Tks all!

I'm 5'5 and the medium fits me perfectly. The sleeves roll right up to where my wrists are. The length is a bit too long, but should be better once I remove the bottom layer off the waist. The screen used jacket didn't have 3 sections on the waist.
12694844_10206035992286914_1832518989474623275_o.jpg

Last edited:
So my tailor was able to get the right size buttons so I asked her to lower them on the pockets thus making the flap longer lie it should be. This also makes the pockets not look too long.

Haha tell me about it.

Good decision! I grabbed their last Medium vest and love it.

What size vest do you guys think MJF was wearing?

He was wearing a size medium vest with most likely a size small jacket. Hard to tell since the jacket was an assortment of jacket parts sewn together.

Nice! :thumbsup I noticed that the dark colored arm "triangles" extend to MJF's elbow, so maybe measure where your elbow sits while bent and maybe use that as a new position for when you get them shortened

Nice! :thumbsup I noticed that the dark colored arm "triangles" extend to MJF's elbow, so maybe measure where your elbow sits while bent and maybe use that as a new position for when you get them shortened
Yes. I explained everything to my tailor. We measured it and the triangles for my jacket (size M) needed to be shortened by 2 inches. The arms themselves were the perfect length after rolling the cuffs. For the movie jacket I wonder why the costume people chose to make the triangles longer than on regular Guess jackets.

Last edited:
But if you don't find a good way to fade the denim won't it just look odd under the spots where the triangles were shortened?

Yes. I explained everything to my tailor. We measured it and the triangles for my jacket (size M) needed to be shortened by 2 inches. The arms themselves were the perfect length after rolling the cuffs. For the movie jacket I wonder why the costume people chose to make the triangles longer than on regular Guess jackets.

But if you don't find a good way to fade the denim won't it just look odd under the spots where the triangles were shortened?
You are correct. Which is why I will continue to look for an adequate fading solution. I found that sanding with a semi fine sandpaper works at little. So maybe the way for this to turn out well is constant abrasion. I have not yet asked Headgoonie is they can provide the compound they used to fade it in the beginning, so that is also an option.

I just sent HG a message asking if they provide the material for fading or if it's possible for me to send it to them for them to fade. I hope this ends well.

I have not. I will research this and see if it is safe to use on denim.

This thread is interesting. https://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2624 Some using Lemon juice and sitting it in the sun for a while. I know for a fact that it works on hair, so could work on cloth also. You have to be in the sun for it to work. The acid in the lemon reacts with the sun and brightens it. Also, wouldn't washing the whole jacket fade the darker blue, lighter each wash, could be worth a shot. Just keep washing until the blue got to the desired colour. Don't know if this would effect the grey areas also though?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back