Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Dude looked and acted like a Jedi (sans lightsaber) to me... and Samurai were an influence in the creation of the Jedi.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--d8zvThJz--/uyfxrhxgq1dupxb1ntp3.png

So wait, referring to the above as a "samurai" is considered offensive?

Genuinely curious...

I don't particularly think it's "offensive". Personally believe it's more a dumb mischaracterization. Dude has no armor, helmet or sword. He's blind and has a staff weapon. If anything, he would be more like those blind, Shaolin monks in martial arts movies. Now if the Japanese samurai label was put on the other Chinese brother (actor Wen Jiang). That would make some sense. Least he could pass for that type character. Thank goodness none of you guys made the mistake of this Daily Mail UK Online writer:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3528156/Star-Wars-Rogue-One-trailer-premieres-giving-fans-look-franchise-s-new-female-rebel-hero-return-Darth-Vader.html

F*ing "Ninja"! Seriously? I'm gonna start saying leprechauns are English.
I'm an equal opportunity offender. If you're going to overgeneralize, please do so with half a clue.

Well yeah... how else would we demean and generalise an entire ethnicity whilst maintaining a smug air of white privilege and unconscious racism? :rolleyes

This cracked me up. Hoping the Grand Admiral/Intelligence Service guy played by Aussie Ben Mendelsohn keeps a touch of Queen's English in this role.
You guys make great Galactic Empire villains with that posh accent.

No, clearly she is dressed as a tie fighter pilot.

Think the Making Star Wars site also said Death Star Gunner.

Regardless of all this over analyzation, just wanted a really good movie.
Think they knocked it out of the park.

So why do stormtroopers have to miss all the time???? WAHHHHHHH that's racist!!!.... lol really....?
Wait. I just said I could understand if you felt the aesthetic was incompatible with "Star Wars" for you. So when did this become all about race again? Stormtroopers can't hit white people, droids or wookies, either.

It's the way these posts are interpreted. Generally I'm not offended by anything. But I enjoy taking pokes at individuals "feels"... lol (GROW UP) Yea I have a gripe about how these films are depicted. Bring a stick to a gun fight... you're going to loose.Make a character look ridiculous and out of place/time, yea I have a gripe. Realistic "female" hero roles in an action, "BAD-ASS ROLE".... where are these girls in real life on the front lines?Navy Seals? Rangers? Delta? No they don't exist.So no I don't want to see unrealistic depictions of so called "heroes". I want to see something tangible and realistic, to make me feel about the actions and actor involved.
I still don't get the "racist" bit, but never mind.

where are these girls in real life on the front lines?Navy Seals? Rangers? Delta? No they don't exist.So no I don't want to see unrealistic depictions of so called "heroes". I want to see something tangible and realistic, to make me feel about the actions and actor involved.

That is the lamest thing I've ever read.

I'm sad for you. Don't ever have a daughter. IF you already have one... don't give her pep talks.

26351609.jpg

Let's see "generally not offended by anything" - but "enjoys taking pokes at individual "feels"" -then has the audacity to tell people to grow up (in all caps, no less). Of course, you're going to "loose" if you bring a stick to a gunfight (then he talks about elite soldiers that surely could do just that)...

...and then comes the ignorant misogyny. :rolleyes

Russia had it's female soldiers during WWII, some very accomplished snipers and pilots. You will find examples
in many conflicts. The business of humans butchering each other of course is dominated by males and is without question.
Pushing female warriors and overdoing "girl power" for the sake of pushing equality and NOT a good story and strong characters is
of course a legit issue.

Christian Female Battalion Formed to Fight ISIS in Syria
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ale-battalion-formed-fight-against-isis-syria

Last edited by a moderator:
Russia had it's female soldiers during WWII, some very accomplished snipers and pilots. You will find examples
in many conflicts. The business of humans butchering each other of course is dominated by males and is without question.
Pushing female warriors and overdoing "girl power" for the sake of pushing equality and NOT a good story and strong characters is
of course a legit issue.
I posted a few examples in my post just above yours - all in links in the last line of my post.

Awesome! :)

[QUOTE
=JD;3953707]View attachment 612517

Let's see "generally not offended by anything" - but "enjoys taking pokes at individual "feels"" -then has the audacity to tell people to grow up (in all caps, no less). Of course, you're going to "loose" if you bring a stick to a gunfight (then he talks about elite soldiers that surely could do just that)...

...and then comes the ignorant misogyny. :rolleyes[/QUOTE]

Realistic "female" hero roles in an action, "BAD-ASS ROLE".... where are these girls in real life on the front lines?Navy Seals? Rangers? Delta? No they don't exist.So no I don't want to see unrealistic depictions of so called "heroes". I want to see something tangible and realistic, to make me feel about the actions and actor involved.

Your about to see some since even the Navy realizes that a woman can be aa "Badass" as a man. Also, have you ever served this great country or just like the child in your avatar picture, do you like to comment from the sidelines ?

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/12/26/need-know-2016-women-seals-navy/76940422/

http://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...-enter-navy-seal-training-september/81637272/

Dude looked and acted like a Jedi (sans lightsaber) to me... and Samurai were an influence in the creation of the Jedi.

That's the impression I got. He's a Jedi in hiding, got rid of his lightsaber cuz its a dead giveaway, and the purge is catching up to him. Stick vs blasters, he still has the force to sense attacks coming and avoid

Still waiting to see that.

Your about to see some since even the Navy realizes that a woman can be aa "Badass" as a man. Also, have you ever served this great country or just like the child in your avatar picture, do you like to comment from the sidelines ?

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/12/26/need-know-2016-women-seals-navy/76940422/

http://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...-enter-navy-seal-training-september/81637272/

- - - Updated - - -

So you're gong to defect blaster bolts with s stupid stick?
That's the impression I got. He's a Jedi in hiding, got rid of his lightsaber cuz its a dead giveaway, and the purge is catching up to him. Stick vs blasters, he still has the force to sense attacks coming and avoid

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back