Maping parts for the Studio Scale SID from UFO

Hi guys. Great work on parts identification so far. I started a large scale model of S.I.D years ago and then stopped as other projects came my way. I hope these images help.

SIDDrawingWip.jpg DSC02293.jpg

Yeh I found a bunch of Tiger parts, not the others, off to ebay..... :-D

I'll send you me current parts map so you can point all I've missed!

Thanks,
L

I'd planned to do a parts map of what I know to post here anyway, just haven't had time yet! I'll try and get it sorted soon.

With the Tamiya Chieftain all you need is ONE track link..... that's all (down by the swing-arm for the rear antenna dish). An expensive kit for one small piece I'm afraid......

It's strange, in all the years I've been researching the UFO miniatures all I've ever found from the Chieftain are the track links.... nineteen on the small Skydiver and one on SID... that's it. Not a single other part from the kit anywhere else, which is very odd.
I do have a theory though. When I built my first Chieftain up as a kid I remember having some track links spare afterwards - six I think - maybe it varied from kit to kit. Perhaps one of the studio modelmakers had built one up at home themselves, then decided to take the spare links into work to use on UFO? Pure speculation of course, but the thought does appeal to me :)

Keith

Last edited:
Hi again. Just took these pics for you. If you do require some just send me a pm;) This is a Modelcraft kit I bought about 15years ago, but using the Tamiya moulds.

IMG_3136.JPG IMG_3137.JPG

Thanks Nick!
I'd love a spare link :-D
But I'll check my spares box first. I did get one to build my Space 1999 Laser tank with, so I should have a few spare links somewhere.
L

Thanks Nick!
I'd love a spare link :-D
But I'll check my spares box first. I did get one to build my Space 1999 Laser tank with, so I should have a few spare links somewhere.
L

That's cool. Love to see a pic of your Laser Tank sometime.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back