Phase 1 : My Star Wars Blaster Builds

Re: Blaster Projects; DL-44 / E-11 / DDC / EE-3

I think I have both, I can post side by side pics of the bolts if it helps. But the DEC bolts are pretty much spot on. You're scope looks great!

Re: Blaster Projects; DL-44 / E-11 / DDC / EE-3

This is the picture I'm using as my base for the gun;

2016-04-01 20.26.34.jpg

and, yes, that rail does bend some with those big nuts!
I think I'll leave it as it is.

2016-04-01 20.26.34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Blaster Projects; DL-44 / E-11 / DDC / DT-12

Found a Vostok-Margolin .22 for Leia's DDC Defender blaster. Might get the 'princess-kit' from DEC to add the detail to the end of the barrel.

Re: My Blaster Projects; DL-44 / E-11 / DDC

Now all I have to do is work out some sort of pin or dowel to attach the flash hider with a 19mm inner-diameter to the barrel with a 5mm inner-diameter and leave a centre section with 10mm outer diameter for wrapping the cord spiral. Front sight block is a 10mm cube neodymium magnet which will be painted black of course.

Last edited:
Re: Blaster Builds; DL-44 / E-11 / DDC / DT-12

Glad to see Dark Energy keep plenty of these in stock. Might be a while before I get to it.

Last edited:

I filled the pontoons/supported the plugs with putty and epoxy.

Also, do you have a link for the Michell tone arm "missile" heads?

I think I'm using old X-acto knives for the rods!

The reason I'm not considering the original Tomtit/Veron moulding is that DEC supplies a turned Delrin version with the flash hider kit and it would not make any sense to order another one. Plus, the turned Delrin actually has a much nicer finish than the original moulded PVC...

Yea, that crosman is a really good base! It even has the same body contours as my resin piece. Are you going to fill in the upper receiver?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    712.6 KB · Views: 128

Are you going to fill in the upper receiver?

I didn't build the Crosman version in the end. Got fed up with it not being perfect.
Decided to cancel the Greedo blaster until a real deactivated Ruger mk1 comes along at the right price...

Re: Star Wars Blaster Builds

This is a box ticked off the list on my mission to create a display of Star Wars weapons; Han Solo's DL-44 'Greedo killer'.

Brief precis of the past 4 months; I started with a 1990's Marushin Mauser Schnellfeuer M712 (they don't make a C96 replica in plug-fire) and then added a Solo's Hold GK scope-mount and grill, a Weaver 2.5 scope with 'big target' screws off eBay and an original WW2 'Grease gun' flash hider from my secret German gun parts supplier.

Marushin (2).jpeg

I was going to scrub the gold off it and then 'key' it and blue the chromium layer underneath with Birchwood-Casey chemicals but it didn't take well so I used the same method as scottjua, here on the forum, when he built his live-fire C96. I keyed the surface and painted it with Rustoleum multi-surface flat black. When that was dry I used 0000 wire wool to buff the surface and flatten the black into a dark gunmetal grey. A bit of weathering on the highlights and I'm done.

2016-07-04 08.24.22.jpg

Since it's a plug-fire gun I can, in theory, take this one outside and loose off a few blanks. The added bonus of it being a 712 instead of a 96 is that it fires the whole ten round mag in full-auto(!). Of course this won't actually happen. Partly because black paint layers I have added in and around the receiver will probably cause feed-jams and partly because in the current climate of political paranoia I would be reported to the police immediately if I even tried. Oh well, perhaps one day.

2016-07-04 08.27.44.jpg

I probably should have painted the hammer and sights and the trigger and the firing slide thing black but I really like the contrast between gunmetal and chrome and brushed surfaces so it's staying. Anyway, it's done and I'm really happy. I just weighed it and it weighs 1.77kg (3lb 14oz) with a full mag. It's a real beast!

2016-07-04 08.25.27.jpg

2016-07-04 08.23.36.jpg

2016-07-04 08.23.22.jpg

2016-07-04 08.26.08.jpg

2016-07-04 08.26.44.jpg

There will be a bit more weathering and touching-up the paintwork next weekend (yes, that's a dirty thumb print on the rear scope-mount disk) and I still have to install the teeny-tiny screw into the side of the grill, when I find a hex-key that damn small, but for now I just wanted to get some pictures up.

Cheers!

Marushin (2).jpeg

2016-07-04 08.24.22.jpg

2016-07-04 08.27.44.jpg

2016-07-04 08.23.22.jpg

2016-07-04 08.23.36.jpg

2016-07-04 08.25.27.jpg

2016-07-04 08.26.08.jpg

2016-07-04 08.26.44.jpg

I have the opportunity to acquire a Webley No.3 and I'm thinking I could use it for the EE-3 but I'm not sure if the No.3 is too far off the correct No.1 for an accurate looking replica. The side profile shapes and the cocking-thumb-thing are quite different. It needs a bit of a clean up as it's starting to get oxidised but it's affordable.

View attachment 598773

Any thoughts?

Where did you buy this from?

@Alexmiller1 said; Where did you buy this from?

It's for sale just down the road from me at Helston Gunsmiths (helstongunsmiths.com) but I didn't buy it in the end. I decided the Boba Fett carbine project would end up being just too expensive to look at this year.

Since you're in the states you wouldn't be able to have it anyway. Exporting firearms (even certified deactivated ones) from the UK is just about impossible. George Lucas couldn't manage to do it for the ep.4 Tunisia filming back in the 70's when the rules were more relaxed so there's no chance today.

image.jpeg
E-11 blaster power cylinders 3D printed in stainless steel through Shapeways in the Netherlands.

Last edited:

Test fitting the painted Power Cylinders and DEC scope. Have to weather that rail a bit...
This is looking more like a weathered desert trooper weapon and less like a pristine Death Star trooper's gun as I work on it more, which is fine.

Sterling (17).jpg

Sterling (17).jpg

Anybody know if T-tracks on imperial blasters should be weathered in some way or left pristine?
Since I've aged and weathered the rest of the gun I'm thinking maybe just flatten the shine on my Wannawanga tracks a little with a plastic 'scotchbrite' type pad?

Anybody know if T-tracks on imperial blasters should be weathered in some way or left pristine?
Since I've aged and weathered the rest of the gun I'm thinking maybe just flatten the shine on my Wannawanga tracks a little with a plastic 'scotchbrite' type pad?

No weathering on E-11 T-tracks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back