Painting Liquid Latex

Vinsanit1307

Hey I made a hulk costume and coated spandex fabric with layers of liquid latex. So my question is what kind of paint do I use to paint over the latex I am told acrylic paint is this correct? And would it be ok to paint using a paintbrush instead of an air bush. I have 0 experience in air brushing. Thanks

Normally you'd dye the latex (I just put powder paint in it). Obviously you need to use something that stretches - you might try just layering some more dyed latex over the top, but it doesn't always hold on that well if the lower layers have already set. If you get a better-sounding suggestion than that, use it.

you use acrylic paint mixed with liquid latex for flexibility and adhesion. apply via airbrush
also check here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrQhfmI0pU

Hi EyeofSauron, very long time later I also have an question about working with liquid latex. I will also use acrylic & liquid latex for airbrush but I have concern about cleaning airbrush, because liquid latex will get dry very fast inside of nozzle and I dont know how I will clean airbrush asap, have an idea or experience about it?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back