Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Tiny pieces man, and the smaller they are the more fragile it seems. I've done it myself a few times. brilliant work though my friend! looking forward to seeing this, sure to be 'award winner' !!!

Most definitely! Any slight increase in pressure will definitely cause damage if you're not careful. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this diorama done... And thanks for the support!

Working on the base... Gonna add a lot more greeblies to it... And did a mock up of the Falcon with lighting...

E88B22F8-10EF-49D7-B18F-3CA7057BB23D.jpegE57824F6-0C76-445C-A3C0-53BE3C5D8EB0.jpeg52C53A9E-9D26-48F5-840B-A3D5521595A5.jpeg65F1B764-0219-4F68-9CA3-DF32C8F76315.jpegA6A7301B-B514-4760-8859-F79948BBD37A.jpeg33F1F0DB-1034-4E26-A6B2-9600D556128C.jpeg

Wow just wow. I can't believe I just found out about this post. Great job!! I picked up a 350 Falcon a few weeks ago ( I got th ANH version) and was wondering how to display it. Also I wasn't sure if I would bother lighting it do to the small size but this thread has given me .....a new hope.

Yeah dude!! That's the spirit!!! :thumbsup
Wow just wow. I can't believe I just found out about this post. Great job!! I picked up a 350 Falcon a few weeks ago ( I got th ANH version) and was wondering how to display it. Also I wasn't sure if I would bother lighting it do to the small size but this thread has given me .....a new hope.

Interesting concept for your display box, raising it up high. Is that purchased from somewhere?

I bought it from a local chain craft store... It was a picture display box that rotates. Got it for about $6 US. Still working on a better switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing job, looking forward to see it completed.

Thanks, man!

- - - Updated - - -

That is genuinely insane work.

Much appreciated!

This is so cool. Crazy scale. The cockpit is just unbelievable. I was never into small scales but this might change seeing this.

Looking forward to see this project progress.

I just got the shapeways parts in. Wanted to ask how you handled painting the cockpit without filling in the light holes. You also seem to have colored them. Would love to get your technique on that as well.

I just got the shapeways parts in. Wanted to ask how you handled painting the cockpit without filling in the light holes. You also seem to have colored them. Would love to get your technique on that as well.

All I did was paint the front part and put a few coats of super glue on the back to fill the holes. I have some micro fine tip pens I used to add color so the light shines through with the colors I wanted.

You can also dab dots of clear paint (eg: Tamiya red, yellow, clear, blue) onto the holes. You just have to make sure your light-blocking black layer doesn't fill in the holes at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back