GhostMinion's Fallout 3d Models and Props

The glow looks pretty good, but maybe needs to be more blue. I haven't done any of the bottles yet, because I've never been happy with how other people's have turned out. The labels don't conform correctly. I'm not sure how labels are attached to real Coke bottles though, so maybe they have some special material that stretches to conform.

Yeah, it needs some blue for sure. That's just the unopened bottle of tonic water, haven't played around with food coloring yet.

The Mexican coke bottles that I'm using were painted or screen printed labels. Quite a pain in the ass to remove, basically soaking in acetone to soften then scrubbing the hell out of it. Been trying to look into possible screen printing options, but no luck so far. The labels I'm using on my Nuka Cola bottles do stretch some, but still they don't look as real as they could.

So happy to see you are still rocking these Prints.
I just got a 3D printer and am so excited to start working on some of this fallout gear.
I still absolutly love the 12.7 MM pistol you printed for me a while ago. I need to finish it....

So happy to see you are still rocking these Prints.
I just got a 3D printer and am so excited to start working on some of this fallout gear.
I still absolutly love the 12.7 MM pistol you printed for me a while ago. I need to finish it....

Thanks brother! Good to hear from you. I know what you mean, need to get my 12.7mm rolling too.

What kind of printer did you get? Lemme know if you need any info or advice, I got you covered. I actually just placed an order for a Form Labs Form 2 resin printer! I'm pretty freakin' stoked. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Thanks brother! Good to hear from you. I know what you mean, need to get my 12.7mm rolling too.

What kind of printer did you get? Lemme know if you need any info or advice, I got you covered. I actually just placed an order for a Form Labs Form 2 resin printer! I'm pretty freakin' stoked. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Dremal Idea builder. FIrst test prints have gone well. I just need to learn more 3D modeling stuff so i can play with prints and make better use of the print bed.

A hint at what's next in my digital world..............

Screenshot (239).png

Almost done mastering up the prints for the new version of the Mini Nuke. Hope to begin mold making early next week.
Fallout%204%20Mini%20Nuke_zpsta0l8uv6.png
[/URL][/IMG]

new%20mini%20nuke%20prints_zpsi7oj0jyt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The photo of your master parts looks like a renderings. I am amazed at how smooth you get the parts while still keeping the edges sharp.

A month and a half later I want to chime in on the nuke. I say go full size. It looks different enough that the size difference should be ok.

They got rid of the weapon I used for scale in 3/New Vegas. The assault rifle looked like a CETME model C/HK G3 from which I can get dimensions. So I gave in and used the yard stick. I'm still not totally convinced that was the right decision. And even if your chosen reference piece is still in the game there is no guarantee they did not change the size of it too.

Finally, that looks too good to have been printed.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Thanks guys. :thumbsup Finished off the stabilizer fins and the two rings. Will be finishing up the top portion tomorrow.

The scale on this one is the smaller size. I may do a full scale one as well, in fact I'm pretty sure that I will. But I also wanted to do one that matches the full scale to the Fallout 3 nuke. I plan to print the F3 nuke next, since it took me about two weeks to master up this one I'm hoping the same for the F3 nuke as well. I figure two nukes in one month ain't too bad. I'll probably go for the bigger scale nuke soon after that, and I'd also like to get started modeling the suicide nuke as well. At least while I have the momentum going, anyways. But in the pic below you can see that the smaller size is still quite a handful.

Anyways, enjoy some more pics.

mini%20nuke%20b_zpsk5q5uda7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mini%20nuke%20a_zpsyndokfwx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mini%20nuke%20c_zpsnvb2uf7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally finished assembling my Ballistic Fist! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Still needs a bit of weathering. I also need to distress the glove. But overall I'm quite satisfied with it. It fits perfectly, and isn't uncomfortable to wear at all.

ballistic%20fist%204_zpsbn7ke6qg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got my F4 nuke ready for mold making. Had to take a couple extra days to restore the seam between the two sections. There was slight edge curling on the prints, so that needed to be filled and corrected for the seam to be nice and tight. Looks nice and clean now.

Anyhow, mold making will begin. For those interested there will be a project runs thread coming soon..........

MN%201_zps6u6ukmmn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MN%202_zpsvy0jgvxv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have to say, after reading this entire thread, your attention to detail & talent is frikkin' awesome. I was really wanting to recreate the combat shotgun from F4, but was planning a pvc & mdf version. Now you've got me thinking of a different approach. Like you, I own several 'real' rifles, including a few AR's & AK's. My eyes get really picky with the finer details, especially when it comes to metalic finishes & weathering.

I'm gonna do some research on mold making & cold casting. That seems to be the way to go, especially if I want to make more than one, and with metal parts. I'll be following this thead closely & will definitely jump if you make some of your models available.

Excellent work!

I have to say, after reading this entire thread, your attention to detail & talent is frikkin' awesome. I was really wanting to recreate the combat shotgun from F4, but was planning a pvc & mdf version. Now you've got me thinking of a different approach. Like you, I own several 'real' rifles, including a few AR's & AK's. My eyes get really picky with the finer details, especially when it comes to metalic finishes & weathering.

I'm gonna do some research on mold making & cold casting. That seems to be the way to go, especially if I want to make more than one, and with metal parts. I'll be following this thead closely & will definitely jump if you make some of your models available.

Excellent work!

Thank you! :D

For the mini nuke I'm going to use the standard RPF response of "Interested depending on price". :lol Part of me really wants to try and do that from scratch.

Where did you get the 101 cog patch? I've seen a bunch on ebay, but they have a blue square around the cog.

Looks great!! what printer are you using?

Thanks! :)

I actually use three different printers. I have a Lulzbot Taz 3, a Makerbot Replicator 2, and a Makergear M2. In fact, I have a brand new Form Labs Form 2 on the way, and should be here in a couple weeks. It'll be my first time dabbling with SLA printing, so I'm pretty excited.

For the mini nuke I'm going to use the standard RPF response of "Interested depending on price". :lol Part of me really wants to try and do that from scratch.

Where did you get the 101 cog patch? I've seen a bunch on ebay, but they have a blue square around the cog.

Yeah, I'll have more info on the mini nukes soon. I wanna get a couple built before opening the gates on this one. Basically, I wanna make sure the molds come out good before going and getting everybody excited.

Oh, and you can find the vault door patches here: https://www.scifigeeks.com/product-category/gaming-patches/page/7/

Thanks! :)

I actually use three different printers. I have a Lulzbot Taz 3, a Makerbot Replicator 2, and a Makergear M2. In fact, I have a brand new Form Labs Form 2 on the way, and should be here in a couple weeks. It'll be my first time dabbling with SLA printing, so I'm pretty excited.

Nice! I have a Form2 as well, really awesome so far! I think they fixed most of the issues people were complaining with the 1+

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back