1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

My head spins just looking at all the work you get done over a weekend, how you keep track of it all is beyond me.
I have trouble keeping track of the considerably smaller projects I do, :eek.

Roughneckone:cool

Hi Gang,

Early Morning Update:

Adhered the center piece and prepped for paint
20160411_110855_zpsfpv2clet.jpg

First of many layers... lots of sanding in between
20160411_152103_zpsk1atqf2c.jpg

Paint... another first of many with light sanding in between
20160411_111148_zpsa3sxmiv3.jpg

Primer
20160411_111143_zpskoenpx6s.jpg

Primer and another round of filler needed
20160411_111152_zpsrwpxsgsw.jpg

These are all ready to go!
20160411_123406_zpslt9ygouh.jpg

20160411_154644_zpsa5c69y8n.jpg

With one extra! :)
20160411_154659_zpsrs1j57sc.jpg

More to Follow!

It doesn't have to go inside buildings could always take over the car park for cockpit put other smaller bits inside.

We've tossed the idea around and it ultimately makes sense to have a modular cockpit as to have more options and to keep it out of the elements. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I doesn't necessarily has to be light weight for it to be mounted on a gimbal. They'll built the appropriate gimbal for the appropriate weight (actors and all).
Keep up the great work Sofa and Co. You're my addiction on the RPF. :cool

Thank you, my friend. Always a kind word. Very much appreciated. :)

My head spins just looking at all the work you get done over a weekend, how you keep track of it all is beyond me.
I have trouble keeping track of the considerably smaller projects I do, :eek.

Roughneckone:cool

LOL! On the serious side... when you spend countless hours designing all the different greeblies you pretty much remember where everything goes once they have all been laser cut. On the other side... when you spend countless hours designing all the different greeblies then double that time sitting in front of the laser cutter... I'm shocked I can remember where anything goes. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

All of those FINNS. Traitor!

LOL! I need an inhaler!

WOW, what an amazing series of updates over the last few days. Beautiful work going on there.

Still loving those coil designs, they look awesome on so many levels to me.

Keep up the great work. Still waiting to get my EP VII blurry. Not here till the 18th :(

BTS footage looking forward to very much.

WOW, what an amazing series of updates over the last few days. Beautiful work going on there.

Still loving those coil designs, they look awesome on so many levels to me.

Keep up the great work. Still waiting to get my EP VII blurry. Not here till the 18th :(

BTS footage looking forward to very much.

Hi R,

Thanks so much! The last few weekends with the laser cutter seemed to last forever! I'm really happy with the coil design so far. I'm looking to add a little bit more detail to the base to give it a little bulk and visual interest. I should have most everything mounted to the cockpit entrance this weekend. I also secured a LOT of scrap wire looms so the next few updates should be very interesting. :)

Thanks again and enjoy the BR TFA! When I come home I hit play and have it playing in the background. ;)

Hi Gang,

Quick question: I can't remember who but if I remember correctly a fellow RPFer is offering resin greeblie packs for the MPC Scale Model of the Millennium Falcon. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks gang! :)

Hi Gang,

Not much of an update this morning but if all goes well, I should begin adhering the fins this evening!

Added primer to the other 2 - the primer helps make the filler adhere much easier
20160413_191655_zpsqkmjhnng.jpg

Then the tops
20160413_191649_zpsdl8mg3bp.jpg

Other 3 gets a shot of primer
20160413_191707_zps4gv8ifj0.jpg

Tonight I'll give them all a sanding then hopefully... add the fins!
20160413_191753_zpskeejudg8.jpg

More to Follow!

Hi!

I've spent a week reading through this thread, it is a great thread and hugely inspirational! I'm new(ish) to this board, and I have learned a lot just from looking through it. Thanks for documenting the work of you and your team so throughly!

I have one question though: You use all sorts of screws in the cockpit, mostly Phillips screws by the look of it. If you are aiming for a ESB-look, wouldn't old fashion slot screws be the correct type?

Hi!

I've spent a week reading through this thread, it is a great thread and hugely inspirational! I'm new(ish) to this board, and I have learned a lot just from looking through it. Thanks for documenting the work of you and your team so throughly!

I have one question though: You use all sorts of screws in the cockpit, mostly Phillips screws by the look of it. If you are aiming for a ESB-look, wouldn't old fashion slot screws be the correct type?

Hi FF,

Thanks so much! Glad we are able to inspire and help along the way. That means a lot to us. :)

I considered using the simple flat head screw in the beginning but the truth of the matter is... I hate the flat head screw! LOL ;) Also, most of the greeblies in the original cockpit were, from what we can tell, simply adhered to the surface. There are many scenes where a greeblie is present, then its gone, then it shows up again. I've seen very little reference as to what screws the original prop designers used.

I don't consider this a "Good Enough" moment but more of a what will work best and whatever keeps the bit from slipping out of place and suddenly scratch a greeblie and/or panel! And yes... even with the Philips head... it's happened more than once :)

Thanks again for the kind words!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you see Greeblies in your sleep bro? You must :lol

Fantastic as always.

Every night, my friend. Every night. ;) Thanks so much!

- - - Updated - - -

I think Finn is most definitely dropping his jaw right, as am I! :thumbsup

I hope he's not out of breath! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back