Rocketeer helmet for small adults! FINALLY!!!

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
So excited to share this! Since receiving my Oz budget helmet about 6 years ago, I’ve been on a mad hunt to locate a mostly film-accurate Rocketeer helmet that didn’t look like a bobble-head on my 5’7 frame. (I look like an idiot in a 1:1 helmet replica).

Well I finally found it!

I was searching ebay late at night (something I honestly never do when it comes to props) and came across a store called: aaronjosephhurd

He offered two types of helmet: Adult & kid sized. I messaged him with a litany of absurdly specific questions & was surprised when he responded super fast & was as knowledgeable about this as I was. We sorted out that the “Kid size” might fit someone that was my size (5’7” 135 pounds w/ a 22.5” hatband circumference.)

So he offered to sell me a raw "kit" since I wanted to put this sucker together myself.

Just 2 days later I got the package with the words “The Rocketeer” stamped across the side.

I have to say the reveal and presentation of the helmet was top-notch. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that might purchase one, but it was a magical touch!

First off: It’s super light compared to the oz helmet - it feels like less than half the weight & the fin was already cast onto it, which I like a lot. (I’m not trying to compare or disparage Oz’s helmet - just wanted to give a comparison.)

Aaron's Helmet on the left & Oz on the right
IMG_1138.jpg

So after pulling out some of the excess resin I popped that sucker on my noggin and... IT FIT!

IMG_1135.jpgIMG_1132.jpg
^ The jacket is an @Indy Magnoli custom btw ^

So I went to work dremmeling out the inner rim that curls under the helmet opening to give myself even more space to get the helmet on and off. I added green lenses and sanded down some of the welds since I never really liked the welds in the film.

So after a few days of sanding & adding antique gold rub & buff and a mist of spray paint - here it is! (More pics below)
IMG_1205.jpg

The kit was super easy to put together and he threw in rivets (which look cool unpainted I think) + the chin strap, lenses & a 3D printed holder for them & even A STAND!!! (Which isn't pictured)

But most of all: Aaron is a was a pleasure to deal with! He went waaaay above and beyond to make this kit incredible & included things that I really don’t want to spoil because it made it just that much more exciting! I loved dealing with him and would do it again in a heartbeat.

He’s mentioned he’s been a silent member of the RPF so hopefully he’ll come around and chime in!
IMG_1226.jpgIMG_1223.jpgIMG_1220.jpgIMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man! I've had Oz's helmet thread bookmarked for some time, hoping to get one but I never considered the size. I'm 5"... this might be a better option for me! Thank you for the info!!

Oh man! I've had Oz's helmet thread bookmarked for some time, hoping to get one but I never considered the size. I'm 5"... this might be a better option for me! Thank you for the info!!

I (obviously) HIGHLY recommend it! If you are 5 feet tall the 1:1 scale is going to look pretty disproportionate. It would be like wearing an XL jacket.

Hey AJ,
Thank You for the kind words....as I mentioned to you before. I treat my clients as I want to be treated and only sell what I would buy.
thanks again
Aaron

Of course! I'm so happy with the helmet and your service! I wouldn't go out of my way to make a post like this unless I thought it was the best thing ever! (I also wouldn't want to risk my RPF reputation!)

Glad you came out of the shadows to comment! You should post some pics of your work!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back