Edgar Wright’s The World’s End (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The World’s End movie discussion with spoilers.

The World's End - International Trailer - YouTube

Release Date: August 23, 2013

Synopsis: Five friends who reunite in an attempt to top their epic pub crawl from 20 years earlier unwittingly become humankind's only hope for survival.

Director: Edgar Wright
Writers: Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright
Cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Rosamund Pike, Paddy Considine, Eddie Marsan

IMDB: The World's End (2013) - IMDb

Amazon.com: The World's End (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack): Various Artists: Music

9567120603_ecb56e84a5_c.jpg

Previous updates:

Comic-Con: Universal Green Lights Edgar Wright's Pub Crawl Epic 'The World's End' - Deadline.com
The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy gets its final entry.

Comic-Con 2012: Universal Unveils The Teaser Poster For THE WORLD’S END | Badass Digest
"It's all names of pubs that are on the film's crawl, with the destination pub - The World's End - at the bottom.
For those who care: Wright is shooting this movie in 35mm to keep the look between the movies consistent. After that? We'll see if he succumbs to the siren song of digital."

The_Worlds_End_One_Sheet_small.jpg

Hard at work... on Twitpic Posted on Jan 25, 2012.

"Hard at work... "
502659129.jpg

Attachments

• 9567120603_ecb56e84a5_c.jpg
    9567120603_ecb56e84a5_c.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 195
  • The_Worlds_End_One_Sheet_small.jpg
    The_Worlds_End_One_Sheet_small.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading an interview with Wright and Pegg in the last issue of Empire about this. Seems like they've got a lot of good ideas going on. Hopefully it'll be the same level of awesoneness as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Anything with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in it is an automatic win and Edgar being involved makes it so much better. Can't wait for the trailer.

Gotta say I'm a big fan of the Pegg, Frost, Wright combo, everything they do is great. Not only their films but their sit-com Spaced is also top notch. Hot Fuzz is especially close to me though, since I actually live in 5 minutes away from Wells where they filmed it. Trips to Wells were never quite the same after watching that film :) (heart-crushingly the Somerfield featured in the film has been taken over by a different supermarket chain now, I maintain that it should have remained a Somerfield on the grounds that it's a site of cultural importance :p )

Edgar Wright's - The World's End - New poster and release date

Looks like it comes out in the UK on Aug 14, 2013 and in the US on Oct 25, 2013

Just to rehash, its Wright's and Pegg's third film in the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy or better known as the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy.

Heres the synopsis:

20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hell bent on trying the drinking marathon again. They are convinced to stage an encore by mate Gary King, a 40-year old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their home town and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub, The World’s End. As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realize the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind’s. Reaching The World’s End is the least of their worries.

And the poster
the-worlds-end-teaser-poster-2.jpg

Little fun fact:

Each film in the trilogy is connected to a Cornetto ice cream flavour – both of the films released to date feature scenes in which one of the main characters purchases a Cornetto of the appropriate flavour. Shaun of the Dead features a red strawberry flavoured Cornetto, which signifies the film's bloody and gory elements, Hot Fuzz includes the blue original Cornetto, to signify the police element to the film, and The World's End will feature the green mint choc-chip flavour. The use of the three flavours/colours of Cornetto is a reference to Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colours film trilogy.

Last edited:
Trailer looks really great, I'm so hyped for this film. Interesting to note it looks like the 'characters' of Pegg and Frost have switched in this film as opose to Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz with Frost being the smarter more together one and Pegg playing the slightly stupid character.

Edgar Wright was at the MCM Expo this weekend doing press for this film at a panel I attended (he also did a promotional signing after that I missed out on :( ) it was pretty interesting though and he talked about lots of stuff not just about this film. They filmed the panel but I'm not sure they've uploaded it anywhere but they did do a write up on the questions he answered etc if anyone's interested. MCM BUZZ ? Movies, TV, Comics, Gaming, Anime, Cosplay News & Reviews » Edgar Wright Panel at MCM London Comic Con May 2013

Can't wait for this. I loved 'Shaun' and 'Fuzz'. I know 'Paul' isn't part if the trilogy, but I loved that as well. Simon and Nick are gold together. Oh, and cant wait for the steelbook blu of 'Shaun' and 'Fuzz' to come out later in June.

I don't want to start a whole new thread in the costume section just to ask this, so can anybody tell me what that t-shirt is that Simon Pegg is wearing in the movie?

I don't want to start a whole new thread in the costume section just to ask this, so can anybody tell me what that t-shirt is that Simon Pegg is wearing in the movie?
Apparently it's a t-shirt of a band called Sisters of Mercy that Pegg used to be a fan of. A bit of googling and a search through EvilBay and I think it looks pretty close to a 1984 Merciful Release design. Although it's entirely possible that it's a custom design for the film.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back