Lightsaber Calculator Bubbles NEW DISCOVERY!!!

Just pulled the tape off and took a couple closer photos of just the Exactra 20.

Edit: Mine says EX-20 on the back.

http://newmagrathea.com/forumimg/parts/IMG_3112.JPG

http://newmagrathea.com/forumimg/parts/IMG_3113.JPG

Indeed looks all round ... another anomaly :wacko

All this calculator talk had me curious. Unfortunately mine were all at the bottom of my project box and I had to move all this other crap out of the way. Looks like the pcbs are all slightly different on all of mine. Different colors and different bubble shapes, with the dark blue being the perfectly round. Also the darker display screens.

Indeed darker display = all round bubbles ... as it should be ... yet it's not always a rule of thumb apparently :wacko

Chaim

All of them say EX-20 on the back except the one with the darkest display. It says TI-20. I didn't notice until today.

TI-20 on the back ... and a serial nummer starting with 2000 . . . . on the 2 that I have with all round bubbles ... my precious :rolleyes

Chaim

All this calculator talk had me curious. Unfortunately mine were all at the bottom of my project box and I had to move all this other crap out of the way. Looks like the pcbs are all slightly different on all of mine. Different colors and different bubble shapes, with the dark blue being the perfectly round. Also the darker display screens.

I'm drooling!! [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just not fair!!!

I'm mirin' that big b-hole MPP so hard. It's funny how it works, but when I first started in this hobby I thought any MPP would do and who cares about which b-hole you have :)facepalm). Now, after procuring an MPP of course, I stare at the small b-hole in disgust and haven't even bothered finishing up my Vader despite having all the parts just sitting there... the sickness is real!

I'm mirin' that big b-hole MPP so hard. It's funny how it works, but when I first started in this hobby I thought any MPP would do and who cares about which b-hole you have :)facepalm). Now, after procuring an MPP of course, I stare at the small b-hole in disgust and haven't even bothered finishing up my Vader despite having all the parts just sitting there... the sickness is real!

I haven't had anyone admire my b-hole before. I am flattered but my wife might have an issue with it.

Kidding and jest aside, thank you! It took me a while to track down. Back to admiring bubbles.

Last edited:
The 7 bubble strip was only used in TI calculators in '74 and '75 IIRC. If they had just used a 9 bubble strip I'd be swimming in good activation plates.

47478381667552-vi.jpg

49478381669811-vi.jpg

43478381663295-vi.jpg

45478381665414-vi.jpg

The 7 bubble strip was only used in TI calculators in '74 and '75 IIRC. If they had just used a 9 bubble strip I'd be swimming in good activation plates.

Bubbles galore!!! :)

Now, after procuring an MPP of course, I stare at the small b-hole in disgust and haven't even bothered finishing up my Vader despite having all the parts just sitting there... the sickness is real!

Just do it! Finish Vader's lightsaber and move along ... move along :confused

Chaim

From a $4 National Semiconductor 750.

I got it because I read it was only a 6 digit calculator, which means 7 bubbles. Hoping to discover an alt to the exactra... but alas it was 9.

That said, really cool edge card and a unique looking bubble piece.

750.jpg

From a $4 National Semiconductor 750.

I got it because I read it was only a 6 digit calculator, which means 7 bubbles. Hoping to discover an alt to the exactra... but alas it was 9.

That said, really cool edge card and a unique looking bubble piece.

http://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/750.jpg

Yeah, at some point they must have just stopped spending the cash on different bubbles for the 6 digit calcs. Makes sense, from a business perspective I guess. Nine digit bubb's will work just fine for any model so just make more of those and get a better price point etc. BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR LIGHTSABERS????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back