Idea Mall lightsabers sale, legit/ worth it?

Don’t buy the beans! It’s a scam. I went ahead and ordered (just in case it was legit) and 3 polystyrene bean-bag beans showed up! The worst part, there was no official warning included and I ate them! I mean, why wouldn’t you, they’re beans right?! PayPal have been little help as they require me to return the beans “un-used”. I’ve consulted with my doc and he says without a costly surgery to have them removed it would be next to impossible to know when the beans will pass through my system. They could be in there for years. With that in mind, I’m considering ordering a bunch more and turning my rock hard abs into a bean-belly for my cat to lie on. Hey, when life gives you lemons... Am I right?! [emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were supposed to plant the magic beans, not eat them!!!! :lol

In the story, don't the magic beans lead Jack into stealing a golden egg laying goose? So, they weren't really a scam. :p

I too bought into this, 'just in case' and received a dollar store kiddie saber, so I escalated with Paypal. They wanted me to return the item, which costs MORE than the $29.99 US it took to buy it, so I POLITELY sent Paypal the seller's ad, showing that the seller said that they wouldn't need the item returned, and even listed how Paypal would protect the seller, and I provided links to this thread and the Facebook thread, so they decided in my favour.

image1 (1).jpeg

So, the scam is getting $29.99 US from multiple people and hoping they don't bother fighting to get their money back, since returning the item costs more than the original buying price!

And what I'm now doing, is every time I see this *******'s ad in my Instagram or Facebook feed, I report it as a SCAM. Let's shut these weasels DOWN! ;)

I get these ads all of the time through Facebook, often with different business names but VERY similar page layouts. I've reported at least half a dozen to FB but it doesn't seem to matter to them. Apparently they think I really want to buy lightsabers and drones though lol.

I have to say... watching social media implode is as interesting as it was to watch it explode... curious what the next thing will be,,,

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back