Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Hmm its a tricky one for sure :confused Thanks for the pic :) its definitly usefull but add's even more mystery to this particular area??

I don't know if this has been underscored before but it looks like they are some variations between Giger's and Rambaldi's Alien heads... This to say, you'll have to make some choices I guess !

:confused

Fred

I don't know if this has been underscored before but it looks like they are some variations between Giger's and Rambaldi's Alien heads... This to say, you'll have to make some choices I guess !

:confused

Fred
Yeah, I think the one in the pic I posted is Rambaldi's version.

Unbelieveable work!!!:cool

I see many different technique's and materials I have seen and read about.

Thanks for sharing!!! I will be watching this build for sure:thumbsup

This is truly awesome, and very inspiring that a first-time attempt could be THIS good.

Unbelieveable work!!!:cool

I see many different technique's and materials I have seen and read about.

Thanks for sharing!!! I will be watching this build for sure:thumbsup

Thank you :)

Heres the pic thats got me thinking theres something like resessed lines in that area:

View attachment Unknown.bmp

It doesn't look like a casting line to me, what do you guys think??

Last edited:
here ya go
snapshot.png

Thank you Dave :) Thats Awesome :)
I think I have all the reference pic's of the head that I need now.
Bob's got his own bedroom for the Christmas period & will be back in the New year :)

That is mindblowing man and i love that we can all watch and see the step by step progress. The inner jaws are superb and you've really captured the the head shape and the facial skull features.I can't wait to see it finished.

Leigh,

I just got the "Vault" Alien book. If there is anything in there that can help I'll scan it and send it your way. :)

Thanks guys :)

Leigh,

I just got the "Vault" Alien book. If there is anything in there that can help I'll scan it and send it your way. :)

Abby, I didn't know such a book existed tbh :$ I shall Google it & I'll give you a shout if theres anything I need, Many Thanks :)

Well, Bob's back on the dinning room table now & I'm getting stuck into working on the rear end of his head.

No progress pic's atm but I thought I'd show you this:
2.jpg

This was a video shop promotional 3d plastic poster for an Alien video box set. It was a gift from a friend many moons ago.
Just wondered how many of these are still around these days?
I still have the stickers but the glue gave up a long time ago :)

Last edited:
Time for an update:

Well I havent done as much as I'd have liked to, with everything thats going on atm its a bit of a distraction but I'm still at it.

I bought a couple more of those syphon pumps as I needed the pipes that came with them for the pipes that come off the rear of his jaw.
I had to alter the areas where the pipes fit on for ease of assembly:
246.jpg

& with the pipe fitted:
247.jpg

248.jpg

I've also been working on the rear end of his head. I've been struggling with this trying to get the shape how I want it but I'm on the way there now.
250.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

As you can see I've got one side shaped up so far & I'm happy with it :)
I've got to shape up the other side & then cover it all with a layer of polyester filler, then I can smooth that off, re-fit the pipes & then re-clay the underside.

:)

Last edited:
Man, I thought I knew the Big Chap backwards, but that's still more creepily phallic than I ever realized. :lol

Leigh, that's awesome.

Mucho coolness. The vault book isn't gonna show you anything you don't already have unfortunately.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back