How to transport large props?

Ashera Cosplay

Alright everyone first post here! I'm currently working on this weapon from AION: The Tower of Eternity, but I ran into a problem. How do I transport it?

It can seperate into three pieces: there is one screw in the middle, and one near the base of the ''blade'' so I can take it apart easily. Problem is, I can't seem to fit the blade in my largest suitcase at all.

Does anyone has tips? I need to travel with it, but not overseas. Thanks!
http://aiondatabase.net/previews/pa_a06a_0.jpg

EDIT:

Also! Because of the size, I thought about seperating the blades from the hilt. That way, you'd have the ''front'' blade, the hilt and the ''back'' blade. I thought about using Neodymium magnets, but I'm not sure if those are strong enough and if my technique will work because the blades are EVA foam and Worbla.

Last edited:
Pictures of your prop might make it easier to give you some advice.

This is the current blade-part. As you can see it doesn't fit in my largest suitcase I have, and this is only the ''front'' part of the blade.... I still need to add the other half to it. I also want to make the horse piece in the middle seperatable with magnets. 20180201_143701.jpg20180223_194505.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back