Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I was hoping for the poster to have the epic painterly feel of the original trilogy posters, not some photoshopped painted digital sploosh!... Sigh... You know sometimes less is more... Oh well here's hoping for better tomorrow!

I was hoping for the poster to have the epic painterly feel of the original trilogy posters, not some photoshopped painted digital sploosh!...

Exactly how I feel. I couldn't put my finger on it but it just looks Photoshopped with some filters applied. I kinda hoped Drew Struzan would do it, although his poster for Ep.II looked like the principals had vaseline smeared on their faces. Lol!

I was hoping they'd send out the call to a variety of artists as they did with the OT, so we'd get some different visions. I don't hate this one, but it does remind me a lot of the PT posters, which all drastically underwhelmed me.

Yeah, pretty sure that's Starkiller Base. I don't mind it at all. It's stationary, so stands to reason it would need to be able to orient the weapon, which from the name I presume has interstellar range.

--Jonah

That poster is so bad that I thought it was fan-made when I saw it on a news site ... but then I clicked the link above and saw it on StarWars.com .

:facepalm

Attack the prequels all you want but at least they were able to tell a story that didn't involve a superweapon the size of a planet

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You mean apart from episode II where they show the death star plans and episode III where they are building it?

Attack the prequels all you want but at least they were able to tell a story that didn't involve a superweapon the size of a planet

In this case, I don't think one is necessarily better than the other. I don't really mind the superweapon as much as I have a little heartburn that it's so evocative of the Death Stars. I think I see what they're doing, but I don't know if I like the execution. Time will tell.

I dont know if anyone else has noticed...or if my eyes are weird...but what is going on with c3po's head? Am I looking at it wrong?

M

Hmmm, I'm not really noticing anything askew?

It may not have been the size of a planet but don't forget the big round Trade Federation ship in episode one that was destroyed when Anakin shot the reactor.

Edit: you beat me to it.

I suspect the Droid Control Ship, Death Star and Starkiller Base all serve the same purpose in their respective movies. Again, examples of Star Wars movies paralleling each other...

Story meeting:

"Death Star..... Kill Star.... Star Kill..er? Yeah! It's totally different! "

The name Starkiller goes waaay back to the early days of what we now know as ANH...They've dusted off this name and seem to have applied it to a superweapon, presumably one that literally "kills" stars.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back