New First Order vehicles revealed

I suspect the AT-M6 will be coming from Bandai (and, ugh, Revell) later this fall. I was down with the AT-ACT in Rogue One, but the "Gorilla Walker" is a bit too anthropomorphic for my taste. I mean, it's a slightly more Star Warsy version of this:
latest.jpg

The only thing on that walker that take it too far are the "eyes" and the front knuckles. They made the eye's look mean. Part of the charm of the old empire is that everything looked lifeless. The stormtroopers looked like re-animated skeletons. The eyes of the ATST looked sad. The single eye of the ATAT looked void of character.

But they deliberately made that walker look mean. And the front knuckles should just be regular walker feet. That all being said, I don't mind the hunch at all.

I'm not really digging this stuff either.

The new walkers are indeed too simian-looking. The "face" and the hand-knuckles were a step too far. Just the hunched back and the overall gait would have been enough IMO.

Bigger walkers, bigger Star Destroyers, bigger Death Stars . . . meh.

What's next? Will Luke Skywalker's lightsaber blade be 6 feet long?

I'm not really digging this stuff either.

The new walkers are indeed too simian-looking. The "face" and the hand-knuckles were a step too far. Just the hunched back and the overall gait would have been enough IMO.

Bigger walkers, bigger Star Destroyers, bigger Death Stars . . . meh.

What's next? Will Luke Skywalker's lightsaber blade be 6 feet long?

I see your schwartz is (nearly) as big as mine.

I don't have a problem with the 'face' but walking on the back of it's 'hands' makes no sense to me. Will it be able to pick up Fay Wray with those things?

I am OK with the new Walker except for the front legs- that is carrying the Gorilla bit too far for sure.

The new First Order Dreadnought is just boring to me- far too flat on top. I read the interview and know that it is supposed to be an orbital bombardment platform, but they could have given the dorsal side some character

You know what I wish?

That the First order were smaller than the empire. They should be a new group that's on the rise. Less political, more violent. I wish that they emerged during TFA, rather than being already established.

Those walkers served a very specific purpose in ESB. If you ask me, we never need to see them again.

The weird thing is that they already designed new walkers for TFA. Why not just use those?

I'm fine with walkers (as I said, I liked the AT-ACTs in R1) but these gorilla walkers look like something that creepy kid in math class used to sketch in his college ruled notebook. Kinda low-grade fan art. As least the "animal inspired" designs in the PT stayed true to the word "inspiration" and tried for something different.

The weird thing is that they already designed new walkers for TFA. Why not just use those?

I'm fine with walkers (as I said, I liked the AT-ACTs in R1) but these gorilla walkers look like something that creepy kid in math class used to sketch in his college ruled notebook. Kinda low-grade fan art. As least the "animal inspired" designs in the PT stayed true to the word "inspiration" and tried for something different.
Yeah, the new ones basically look like a robot, not a vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I really hate these new designs. Most of the new stuff in TFA worked for me, the x-wings / tie fighters, but these designs are really poorly art directed. They just don't feel like SW, more like some other franchise referencing SW.

I'm willing to see the ships in motion and reserve final judgment until I see the movie. I'd love to be surprised and have my initial reservations proved unfounded.

That being said, couldn't the good guys defeat the "gorilla walkers" with a few giant bananas? :p

Disney is ruining Star Wars.

Nuff said...

Well no, not enough said yet.

What's next, an Optimas X-Wing?
Maybe a Bumble BB-8?
Ooh, I know, how about a Tie Zord?

Godawful designs. The only good designs to come out of the new trilogy are the revised X-wing, and well, that's about it.

And the revised X-Wing is really just a McQuarrie/Johnston recycle. I'll give them props for Rey's speeder, the rectangular radar on the Falcon, BB-8 (though they could've made him a little less Artoo-ish), Phasma's armor, and Kylo Ren. All cool, albeit slightly derivative. Though not part of the trilogy, I also like the U-Wing and the AT-ACT.

And the revised X-Wing is really just a McQuarrie/Johnston recycle. I'll give them props for Rey's speeder, the rectangular radar on the Falcon, BB-8 (though they could've made him a little less Artoo-ish), Phasma's armor, and Kylo Ren. All cool, albeit slightly derivative. Though not part of the trilogy, I also like the U-Wing and the AT-ACT.

The U-Wing is my favorite design from the new movies.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back