Alien: Covenant (Post-release)

AvP, different franchise altogether ;)

Fair enough although... Predator-2.jpg
I like to believe that this is still compatible with the Alien films. (headcanon)

Also I still cannot get passed how Daniels didn't either snap her back or get burned up in the excavator thrusters as she was hanging from that repelling chord........

Not a lot of realism in that scene for sure. The biggest thing that was kind of annoying me was the complete lack of any kind of quarantine protocol or infection prevention. Everyone just walkin around with no helmet on, oh jeez I wonder if here might be some unusual bacteria or diseases on this alien planet ? Nah, screw it. . .

Not a lot of realism in that scene for sure. The biggest thing that was kind of annoying me was the complete lack of any kind of quarantine protocol or infection prevention. Everyone just walkin around with no helmet on, oh jeez I wonder if here might be some unusual bacteria or diseases on this alien planet ? Nah, screw it. . .

There are a lot of posts around the Internet about them walking around without helmets. But that is the least of the problems with this movie. There are seriously far more damaging things going on that I can't believe Ridley Scott threw this movie together. I mean this is the supposed real Alien movie from the guy that made one of the best sci-fi horror movies ever.

I'm not expecting the best from the next one if he even gets the chance to make it.

This joins Sucker Punch and Cowboys and Aliens as the third film I just stopped watching. Just a staggering waste of everyone's time including mine. Just sooooooooooooo ​bad. Ridley has gone full Lucas with this steaming pile of....I just can't even..............

Mildly better than Prometheus, but that's like saying the second time you crapped in my milkshake there was a little less e coli. Not one damn part of this movie made sense or worked on any level other than Fassbender's acting and pretty mountains. Don't even start me on the xeno CGI. How did AVP have better creature animation 13 years prior to this?!

Look like the sequel will be more about David and A.I. than the Alien
http://collider.com/ridley-scott-alien-covenant-sequel/

I'm shocked the studio is going to let that fly. After all, it was the studio who was armament on more xenos being present after Prometheus underperformed. I'll admit to liking the character David, but this is going to be a very easy pass for me.

Ridley should have just made these films separate and not tied into the Alien franchise at all.

Ridley should have just made these films separate and not tied into the Alien franchise at all.

I think being about WY personnel and vessels is fine, but he should have stayed far away from the Xeno. AI running rampant, corporate espionage, all that can happen with no Alien. People get killed by wild animals in real life, but they also get murdered or crash vehicles, or get lost in foreign places.

I think being about WY personnel and vessels is fine, but he should have stayed far away from the Xeno. AI running rampant, corporate espionage, all that can happen with no Alien. People get killed by wild animals in real life, but they also get murdered or crash vehicles, or get lost in foreign places.

Exactly.

The franchise has some of the same issues as Star Trek discovery - they should be moving towards the Alien (1979) film, but are taking more and more detours, which makes their job all the tougher.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back