Any MGC Mausers out there??

2EXtreme

So I made the decision to try my hand at a ANH DL44 replica, however I'm stuck trying to find an MGC Mauser prop gun. I heard these were hard to find, but since I've started looking I've yet to even find one for sale. I've considered using an actual demilled mauser but that's expensive...Any tips on where I might find one or good places to look?? Thanks!

Good luck. Since starting my DL-44 adventure last year I have seen ONE for sale on eBay and non on gun broker. The one on eBay I believe went for over $400. Check out Boba Debt's Denix Mauser accurization service. Gets you a *more* accurate Denix mauser with some minor refinishing necessary.

Ebay or a board member is your best bet. Be prepared for a increase in price due to rarity, demand, Ep7 hype. Will be like the current Gaflex 3 cell market!

You may want to get a real Mauser (if you are able to do so). It is rare but occasional non-matching number Mausers can be gotten for about the same price as an MGC Mauser. It'd probably be easier to get than the MGC too (from what I've seen).

Thanks guys. While I'm not against a real Mauser, I'd rather this one not be a real firearm. Those things have shot way up in price though...I should have nabbed one for $700 when I had the chance just a few years ago!

I'm not opposed to a demilled/deactivated one though, does anyone know much about deactivated firearms and shipping them into the US? The few I've seen are in the UK. Thanks again!

I've currently got one in my possession that I'm considering parting ways with, but I've already recieved intrest from another board member here. If we can't reach an agreement, then I'll be sure to let you know, if that's alright with you.

What about the Mauser replicas that were used on the MR Han elite? Were there ever any left overs or surplus of those?

I thought they were supposed to be really spot on replicas of a real Mauser.......

MR had their own sculpt for the MR Han ANH Elite.

It is mostly the same as the MR Han ESB that came before it. Some details are like MGC, some details like a real Mauser and some details are even more idealized than on the MGC. No letters or digits anywhere.
Some of the "tells" on the MGC are on the ESB blaster, and some others "tells" of a real Mauser are on the ANH Elite: trigger with/without pin, bolt with/without pin, two-part/one-part safety lever, knurling on slide bolt. As far as I can see, the hammer, frame and upper receiver are the same except for the bull barrel and various holes for where various parts are attached.

Last edited:
I've currently got one in my possession that I'm considering parting ways with, but I've already recieved intrest from another board member here. If we can't reach an agreement, then I'll be sure to let you know, if that's alright with you.

Yes please let me know, I would certainly be interested!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back