Obi-Wan Force Fx saber revealed at NY toy fair 2017 - return of the fat-neck FXes!

Re: Obi-Wan Force Fx saber revealed at NY toy fair 2017

Pics for the lazy:
P1013696.JPG P1013697.JPG

Re: Obi-Wan Force Fx saber revealed at NY toy fair 2017 - return of the fat-neck FXes

So gross

Re: Obi-Wan Force Fx saber revealed at NY toy fair 2017 - return of the fat-neck FXes

This was actually announced a week ago. But what is interesting is that they show those three together like "This is the assortment for this year" which sucks because only one is new, well not really new, a rerelease. I'm still excited about it though; I want an Obi-wan. Too bad it's not the ANH version. The other two have been out in stores for over a year. I wish they did an ESB Vader and an updated Luke with proper sounds though. You can tell they want it to always be blue/red/green on shelves.

I wish they could figure out a way to make the neck smaller, but I have a MR ROTJ Luke and it's still fun to play around with!

This was actually announced a week ago. But what is interesting is that they show those three together like "This is the assortment for this year" which sucks because only one is new, well not really new, a rerelease. I'm still excited about it though; I want an Obi-wan. Too bad it's not the ANH version. The other two have been out in stores for over a year. I wish they did an ESB Vader and an updated Luke with proper sounds though. You can tell they want it to always be blue/red/green on shelves.

Remember, there are sometimes "secret" releases too. Kylo Ren wasn't announced and only confirmed when retailers started leaking their stock.

What I want to know is why the price has been hiked again. Possible return of the removable blade? Updated electronic features?

Those horrible stands make me think that's a "no" for the removable blades.

Does anyone actually use those things, anyways?

So ugly, but no way to make thinner necks, because of the plastic part inside to fit electronics and have a assembled lightsaber.
I remember I machined a thin neck front for a MR Luke episode 6 years ago.
Definitely no interested in MR Hasbro...
What could be good would be to launch the MR LE again, not limited, and for decent prices, because many LE were quite good regarding accuracy, especially from episodes 1-3, but now the prices are absolutely crazy, 1000 bucks for a qui gon, sold for 250 bucks 2 years ago, 1800 bucks for a Windu, crazy...

It's sad to see the progression of the FX line over the years. MR was able to offer a great product for a great price. They continued to work to improve the technology and size. It was great to see the removable blade system. It was worth the extra $20-$30. Not sure why that stopped. I think if safety was a factor, we had heard something. I get the feeling that it encroaches on a static prop replica license.

The line seems to get more and more expensive and the look of the items look cheaper and cheaper.

I think that if you cannot do a thin neck hilt correctly, you shouldn't do it. There are plenty of other saber hilts to choose from. But we know fans have been able to pull off the thin neck FX but I do not think Hasbro is committed to revising designs or using better materials to make this happen.

Removable blades was a Hasbro innovation. The new SFX sensitivity is a nice touch but no substitute for removable blades.

Removable blades was a Hasbro innovation. The new SFX sensitivity is a nice touch but no substitute for removable blades.

funny thing is that back in the day when MR released the FX, they said they had a great removable blade system they wanted to include but LFL nixed it because they thought it might be a safety issue. I was so surprised when I saw Habro was allowed to do it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back