Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

Re: "I loved or mostly loved TFA" - people only thread

Are we still using spoiler tags in a thread about a movie we've seen?

Re: Star Wars TFA. Warning spoilers and I hate it!!! Haters and Lovers Welcome

In show business no one is dead until you see the body.

I loved kylo's rage it was so different than vader. Undisciplined.

Substance abuse more probably. Luke chucked him out of the Jedi Academy for dealing and doing too much Padme Dust .I mean whats a guy going to do when your dads a certified smuggler , with all those ahhhem loose floorboards and hiding places on his ride. So Ben nicks his fathers ship, loose it in a bad deal on Jakku and crawls home to Leia and Han, who eventually sent him to that other temple you know, to study ( get clean) and learn about his anger management issues but he met all those other losers in rehab, they got themselves a bad ass name aka "The Knights of Ren" and the darkside is after all just one bad trip away. So because he's now Snokes bitch he tries to wipe out the oppo, it goes badly wrong ,he gets his ass handed to him by Luke, has to flee and changes his name to Kylo Ren. Anyway that's my theory.

PS If people think this seems all very unlikely I suggest you look at Rhian Johnsons history. Both "Brick" and "Looper" feature a strong drugs subculture and he wrote perhaps the best episode in television history in "Breaking Bad". So, from a certain point of view, whats the REAL truth about "The Force" and its effect on the mind. Kasdan has already said that there are some really weird ideas in the script for VIII. Remember you read it here first!! "Use the Force". Yeah right.

Last edited:
Yeah that is still stretching the ages of the afore mentioned cause and effect of rey getting left .
But damn I figured he was younger he playes it like an angst ridden teen lol so I figured 25 was stretching his age guess not !
29-30 hmmm? Han didn't waste any time after Endor. Maybe Kylo and Poe were concieved on the same night? ;)

A lot of sniveling about how the efforts of the OT mean nothing. It's no different than real life. We effectively win in Iraq, pull out, and now it and the entire globe is overrun with something worse. Marriages fail all the time, kids turn out like crap, $*it happens.

Luke went into hiding because he's being hunted. Just like Yoda and Kenobi before him. He never was some all powerful Jedi. He had a minimum of training.

I do agree the landing craft was really boring. I was surprised by that.

Show me the math.
Help this quote is struck to me !

Every time I try to post anything I have to erase it first!
Guess even my tablet is miffed he demanded answers instead of reading the whole post he quoted me from then disappeared when I answered back I am hoping posting using the quote again will make it disappear from my post reply permanently. Cuz it even followed me when I tryed to post on a non star wars thread hopefully this will exercise the deamon!

Last edited:
It's also definitely possible that Rey isn't Luke's daughter, but perhaps just one of his best apprentices that didn't turn to the dark side that he decided to hide on Jakku. although, her resemblance to Padme and Leia is pretty strong. What's weird though is that during her vision, the film shows that Ren was old enough to fit into his Kylo suit at the time that he slaughtered the other students (with the other knights), but that Rey was just a little girl when she was dropped off. So there is either a big disparity in time between those two events, or in Kylo and Rey's age. They seem to be about the same age to me. I originally thought that her and Kylo were going to be twins (Luke & Leia style) but find it hard to swallow that Han & Leia wouldn't have mentioned her throughout the whole film.

$238,000,000. Not bad. Not bad at all. For a weekends work. Wonder what the worldwide is? BO Records collapsing everywhere.95% on RT ( to the right 261say Yay, just 14 say Nay) and 93% liked it.

At this moment in time I guess everyone is very happy. Well, nearly everyone.

Last edited:
After seeing the movie and reading that article about the vision, I am absolutely convinced that Rey is a descendant of Obi Wan. One theory that had been circulating from a supposed good source seems to work. Obi Wan had a relationship with someone during his exile on Tatooine and that girl grew up to have a relationship with Luke (not sure I buy this part, could be someone else) and produced Rey. The article and the movie make it pretty clear that she is a Kenobi since they went to the trouble of having Ewan come in and fining that clip of Alec. They would not have done this without a clear plan. She is Rey Kenobi, how that came about we will see. I had always thought that the subtext of the first 6 films were about "Kenobi vs Skywalker" from a certain point of view. ;) That theme definately seems to continue since Ren is a Skywalker, and Rey is a Kenobi.

Re: "I loved or mostly loved TFA" - people only thread

why did R2 suddenly wake up? again a little too coincidental for me. I'm wondering if luke has a old dharma apple II computer in his cave and sent r2 a email

he powered up when Rey arrived. I assumed early on it's because she is Luke's daughter but she and Han had a special connection. I wonder what her real story is now.

I'll play with the spoiler tags for now, but anyone in this thread who reads a spoiler they didn't already know about gets what they deserve.

After seeing the movie and reading that article about the vision, I am absolutely convinced that Rey is a descendant of Obi Wan. One theory that had been circulating from a supposed good source seems to work. Obi Wan had a relationship with someone during his exile on Tatooine and that girl grew up to have a relationship with Luke and produced Rey. The article and the movie make it pretty clear that she is a Kenobi since they went to the trouble of having Ewan come in and fining that clip of Alec. They would not have done this without a clear plan. She is Rey Kenobi, how that came about we will see.
Also puts new light on his scum and villainy
Line as that would be where his ex came from
Lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back