Show your custom Lightsabers!

I think youre right.
i saw the carbon fiber adhesive on Amazon and wondered how it may look on the saber....I'm on the fence. Not really feeling the carbon fiber , but ill see how it looks with the grips.

in the meantime, i fnally finished the King Sol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...4-3C3B-4896-84C2-D029162AD026_zpsbadh3o3x.jpg

THIS...

I have a smaller flash I've been trying to figure what to do with... your shroud here is exactly what I need to do.

What did you use for grips?

THIS...

I have a smaller flash I've been trying to figure what to do with... your shroud here is exactly what I need to do.

What did you use for grips?

The grips were strips cut with a dremmel from a PVC tube with an inner diameter approximately 1.5"
they were the. filed and sanded and holes were drilled.
then i painted it with flat black Krylon fusion, which apparently fuses to plastics, and a second coat of satin black krylon Maxx then after dried they were buffed.

The grips were strips cut with a dremmel from a PVC tube with an inner diameter approximately 1.5"
they were the. filed and sanded and holes were drilled.
then i painted it with flat black Krylon fusion, which apparently fuses to plastics, and a second coat of satin black krylon Maxx then after dried they were buffed.

Thanks!

I may try and finish that saber this week, post it on up here.

It's mid size to Yoda's and the usual size sabers...

For anyone still interested, I stopped by a Pep Boys and they do still carry a fair selection of auto body molding which make decent saber grips. I did a search on their website, but it came back with over five hundred results, few of which seemed relevant (no matter what combination of words I entered, the right items never came up, at least not on the first few pages).

Good to know, thank you!

I was on a quest for alt-grips... but everything I play with just feels wrong to me. T-track and metal bars are the only things making me satisfied. But I'll hit a pep boys for sure.

Not going to lie. From all of these gorgeous sabers I think that one is my favorite. Do you have a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

no build thread but it was fairly simple-

- found a King Sol 3 cell with clamp.
i got one with that dull metallic finish, but they also have them with the shiny plating.

- unscrewed and removed all the attachments until i had just a bare tube.
then buffed it with fine steel wool, then with the green side of a scotchbright pad until to i had a nice shiney brushed metal finish.

- screwed the clamp back on without the metal wheel (i felt it was too much).

- got a magnovox odyssey circuit card and cut it to size and attached it with that thick dark grey double sided tape.

- i repurposed the reflector dish holder and moved it up the shaft and used it as part of the shroud.
held it in place with two socket buttonhead screws.
had to drill two holes into the emitter end of the flash tube to hold the reflector dish holder in place and then tapped the holes for the screw threading.
took the old screws from the dish holder and screwed them back into their original positions to cover the leftover holes.

- the grips were cut from pvc tubing with an inner diameter of about 1.5".
filed and sanded.
drilled holes for 6/32 socket head screws and painted the grips with one coat of flat black krylon fusion and another coat of Satin Black krylon Maxx.
only 4 grips on this saber.

-used masking tape on grip area of the tube to mark to location of the grip holes, drilled the holes and tapped them.
also used socket button head screws.

- finally the shroud was cut from an aluminum tubing i got from online metals.
filed, sanded, steel wooled and scrotchbrighted the shroud for a nice finish.
slid the shroud into the flash hider holder and drilled one hole on the shroud for the socket head thumbscrew to hold it in place.
also tapped the hole for the thumbscrew.

I think thats about it

chia sides_edited-1.jpgChia rear.jpgChia front.jpgA few years ago I made a carbon fibre sabre using CSS parts plus hand made hood/shroud and carbon fibre rod,strips and other odd parts. Here it is with its two distinct sides.

Thanks for the kind comments and likes. Aero modelling and Kite shops supplied the carbon fibre in various forms, but all the CF is tricky to cut, shape and finish cleanly. I enjoyed the build and still like the result.

Another week-- another saber. This is so my zen therapy now.

I had this mini Zeiss in my box from the 90s. It's about the same scale as the c-cell Minicam a couple of us have played with. So of course, too small for grown up hands, but my kid took right to it. Since it's black, he said it should be his "badguy light-stabber."

Interesting concept leapt to mind. Same basic idea as my minicam, a saber for a youngling/padawan/trainee/whatever. Why wouldn't a Sith/badguy be trained from childhood? The idea of an evil dark-sided killer that was only 10 years old seemed really cool.

So I put this one together to be aggressive and mean, but also small-scale. I love it. I was waiting on some grip material to arrive, but I think it would be overkill.

kidsith1.jpg
kidsith2.jpg
kidsith3.jpg
kidsith4.jpg
kidsith5.jpg

The body is a Zeiss Ikon 1365, (it says so under the textured tape)

Couple bracket knobs added for length
Small silver ring is a bulb-eject assembly from an extra reflector pan
The clamp is from a cell-sell Mendelsohn (I had to cut off parts of it)
Bubbles from one of my recent calculator acquisitions
Emitter/flashguard is made from reflectors off of two different mini pop-up flashes
Lure tape hit with some matte black paint, then scoured for a darker finish covers up words in english

Trying to get my kid to put on his black robes to pose with it, but he's too cool for school right now.

Saw a Zeiss Ikon on ebay this week (exactly like yours). Made the guy an offer of $50 bucks.
after i made the offer i realized these flashguns are only about 1.25" in diameter.
luckily he xame back with a couter offer of $54 and i declined.

Yeah, they are smaller for sure. Like I said-- good for the kid. I've seen them go for around $25-30. I've had mine for 20 years or so. They are cool-- but probably not worth THAT much.

The bigger Zeiss though, that's a thing of beauty and usually goes for around $50, and worth it if you really want a cool custom saber.

Mine is nothing too fancy. Minimal greeblies to keep it comfortable while weilding and nothing to get in the way.

It was made on a budget so the main parts were some ALuminium tubing and a cheap LED torch for the pommel section.
Initially the main hilt was a test piece for the saltwater etching but it ended up being used for the saber as it came out quite nice.

It was made on a budget so the main parts were some ALuminium tubing and a cheap LED torch for the pommel section.
Initially the main hilt was a test piece for the saltwater etching but it ended up being used for the saber as it came out quite nice.

That is really nice! How long did you have to leave it in the water to get the etchings that deep?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back