New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

I don't think we'll know that they're reissues until someone has them in hand

TCSS just told me yoda and vader are the same as before. heres hoping Luke is the same!! i know TCSS has run out of ANH luke conversions but said if there is enough interest he will do a run again. maybe we should all go over there and hint our interest

They are probably just going to have updated sounds, be more sensitive to movements and have better scrolling in the LEDs.

I'll come out of my funk long enough to say the new "tech" is the new permanently attached blades and non-remastered, non-movie accurate "Sith" and "Jedi" sound boards... grumble, grouse... :angry

Edit:

Oh, yeah... and a new %&#*ing box and blade warping stand... ok, I'll stop...

Last edited:
It really is a step back.

I will say that a lot of reviews of the Kylo FX have mentioned the LED scrolling and sensitivity has improved.

I would imagine they would implement this into the rest of them..

..then again - Hasbro.

Hmm. So I guess now the question is do I buy a new one and convert it, or do I just wait until TCSS has a Parks MPP in stock and try my hand at building a saber from the ground up. I've never done anything like that, but I'm pretty comfortable with wiring from working on guitars. Just a little unsure of how to go about removing the guts from a working flash gun and how to mount everything inside of it. It seems though that might be the best way to do it with all of the shortcomings of the new Hasbros.

That horrific Falcon, small crappy ships like the X wing, cheesy crappy toys, FX sabers taking a huge step backwards. Hasbro has really dropped the ball on TFA. I can't believe how bad they are doing. I was sure they had surprises for us on "Force Friday" like a Legacy Falcon with TFA look, etc.

I really am having a hard time watching Hasbro and their junk come out.

STILL NO PROP LICENSE. We know everything license wise except props.

It should have been called "Crap Friday"

Tom

Your right...its a shame.:(But the Kylo Ren lifesizehelmet and the stormy from Rubies are great for the price.:)

Looking at pictures from the previous Ep IV version, this looks pretty much the same.

20150908_161356_zpshcfmkzgt.jpg

20150908_161413_zpszzckbqe3.jpg

20150908_163106_zpse9cgshra.jpg

20150908_163115_zpslksoloqu.jpg

20150908_163127_zps175gn8jx.jpg

20150908_163157_zpseinhn3b0.jpg

The box had already been opened at the store, so I didn't feel too bad about opening it up to snap these pics. Back in the box it goes for now though.

Hey Kevin - would you mind taking an end-to-end measurement of that saber (including the blade)?

H0llyw00d: Thanks...it was broken.So this was my first idea!;)

But now I have no fx blade.So I would be really happy to have a new ESB/ROTJ one again.And better with a removable blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
@H0llyw00d: Thanks...it was broken.So this was my first idea!;)

But now I have no fx blade.So I would be really happy to have a new ESB/ROTJ one again.And better with a removable blade.

I'm in the same boat. I picked up a 2005 MR (ESB) on Craigslist and ordered the Luxeon conversion stuff from Custom Saber Shop yesterday. Got the email this morning that it was shipped. Which impressed the hell out of me.

In order to have a removable blade ESB you have to convert it yourself as the only Hasbro removable blades are ANH and they are now pushing $400 each. No real ROTJ option that I know of that isn't custom.

I would rebuild it if you have the skills with electrics.
The ESB and the ROTJ hero are the same.The ROTJ saber that you seen in the past was´nt the ROTJ hero saber.
Its a thread here on the board about this secret.Very interesting.Thats why you can built a ROTJ hero from your ESB saber.Like I did.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back