Obi Wan Kenobi ANH Lightsaber dream fulfilled

The Obi Ep1 is a Parks. I have one, it's pretty accurate overall, only off in the little details. I replaced the Allen screws around the emitter with LEDs to make it more accurate.

Lightsabers looks fantastic, great collection.

The only other replica lightsaber that had those additional holes inside was made by Master Replicas so it seems the person who put the emitter onto the grenade felt he needed to copy that ... and yes it's a nice touch though not screen-accurate :D Here's a nice big picture of the original prop, perhaps it can help you with the positions you seek?

-Chaim
This is incorrect. The MR Obi ANH does not have the extra ring of emitter holes, nor did the serafino/obee1 have a second ring of holes.
SD studios, and 5postboy made emitters with the extra ring of holes.

Just clearing up misinformation.

Nice Episode 1 lightsaber ... seems like Roman's also produced an emitter with extra ring of holes at least according to the confirmations in this thread :

http://www.therpf.com/f79/help-identifying-maker-my-anh-afbb-obi-wan-154832/

Yeah as for the MR ANH ... I've only seen that one on display a long time ago and perhaps the lights in the cabinet played tricks on me suggesting another ring of holes inside whereas they were a mere shadow of the outer ring ... thanks for clearing that up scarf man.

Chaim

Nice Episode 1 lightsaber ... seems like Roman's also produced an emitter with extra ring of holes at least according to the confirmations in this thread :

http://www.therpf.com/f79/help-identifying-maker-my-anh-afbb-obi-wan-154832/
I'm not sure I agree with my learned colleagues, on their assessment of that saber.
The pommel is defiantly a Romans Empire , but the emitter looks like a 5postboy, and the rest of the pics are too dark to make out much detail.
I can't make out Roman's signature "tell" on the grenade, so (to me) it could also be a 5postboy, or a Darth Hez.
Perhaps Romans Empire will chime in here, I'm not sure I tagged him correctly.

Btw nice collection Country Paul, sorry for the derail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input & the comments it's appreciated,

interesting that the Ep1 is a Parks I'm glad someone could ID it, it's nice to know

I have been looking at the Ep1 saber for so long but always got outbid, got this for £50 on eBay :)

My Weathered ANH Saber I picked up on eBay 90% finished, just added the modern AS Handwheel,

It's kinda been weathering itself ever since, maybe I handle it too much the emitter has picked up a few tint rust spots & the bluing is wearing off the grenade in places same with the booster,

I kinda like it so I'm not planning on doing anymore,

I may replace the clamp with an original & add one of Romans new pommels if I can work out which sort I need,

When I bought it the guy told me they were Russrep parts, not sure if that's right?

it's put together with a simply props adapter, the ring of holes in the emitter are just stuck on the cone adapter, thought about taking them off for accuracy but I quite like them :)

anyway here's some pics of it in pieces (I love taking it apart :lol)

Attachments

• IMG_6939.JPG
    IMG_6939.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7046.JPG
    IMG_7046.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7047.JPG
    IMG_7047.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7048.JPG
    IMG_7048.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_7049.JPG
    IMG_7049.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7051.JPG
    IMG_7051.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_7052.JPG
    IMG_7052.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_7053.JPG
    IMG_7053.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 106
The extra tall base on the grenade looks like a Russ grenade. I've never seen a real grenade with a base that tall, and I don't think any of the other replicas have it.

I've never known why Russ made them like that, it's inaccurate as best I can tell but since you don't see it on the finished saber it doesn't really matter in the big picture.

& Here's some pics of it in bits alongside my AFB from Russ's latest run :lol

sorry they're not the best pics, I used to use my wife's DSLR camera, now I just use my iphone because its easier :facepalm

I love both these sabers but I keep finding myself really tempted by Romans new parts, I got a replacement chrome clamp from him & it's fantastic.

I'd love to get a full 3rd Obi :lol

Attachments

• IMG_4432.JPG
    IMG_4432.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4434.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4436.JPG
    IMG_4436.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4437.JPG
    IMG_4437.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4439.JPG
    IMG_4439.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4440.JPG
    IMG_4440.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4442.JPG
    IMG_4442.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4443.JPG
    IMG_4443.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4444.JPG
    IMG_4444.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    570.6 KB · Views: 125
I dig the extra washer with holes on the emitter cone; it reminds me of the booster bearing. The weathering on that emitter also looks particularly great. Congrats on your collection!

I'd love to get a full 3rd Obi :lol

Isn't it funny ... seems like OB1 lightsabers keep attracting other OB1 lightsabers ... I have 2 replica's Parks and Gavidoc, 1 replica still as loose parts and a 65% real parts waiting in an archive box to be completed.

Chaim

I'm not able to have a lot of Props on display, but I do have a stand with my 3 ANH sabers on & another for my V2

I was looking at my Weathered Obi-Wan the other day & I noticed that it was starting to look a little more weathered than I remembered

its nothing drastic & I still love how it looks but was wondering how much more it'll change

so my question is does anyone do anything to maintain a certain level of weathering?

I wasn't sure if I should be thinking about oiling the parts (or if that spoils the effect) or if I should be re-bluing or anything?

I don't want to mess with anything & end up spoiling it :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 65
Oiling is one option, a clearcoat another for protective purposes

There´s a laquer called ZAPON available here in germany specifically designed to protect metal finishes
Just an idea

Markus

How about the stuff museums use...Renaissance Wax, I think it's called? I dunno, this is part of the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on an OWK. I really worry about steel and rust. I have enough worries managing humidity with my guns and guitars :lol Good luck!

How about the stuff museums use...Renaissance Wax, I think it's called? I dunno, this is part of the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on an OWK. I really worry about steel and rust. I have enough worries managing humidity with my guns and guitars :lol Good luck!

Serafino turned me on to renaissance wax years ago. I use the stuff on my old Ben Kenobi saber.

How do you apply it? Trying to picture getting it into all those crevices on the grenade in an even way.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back