The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Two of the images are for the leather version, two are faux leather. Yes, it is strange though that details are different between the two besides the material. It just looks so good from the front (despite the back of the neck being a bit inaccurate). I like it a lot more that the BL Jacket version, I just don't know that I can't trust a site with no real reviews.

Two of the images are for the leather version, two are faux leather. Yes, it is strange though that details are different between the two besides the material. It just looks so good from the front (despite the back of the neck being a bit inaccurate). I like it a lot more that the BL Jacket version, I just don't know that I can't trust a site with no real reviews.
Check the project runs here for a jacket.

If you can't go that route, then you can get that same real leather jacket on ebay for about $125 + shipping.

I finally ordered custom VOL1 pants through ebay. I got them and they looked great but they got something wrong. The waist was too large, the seat to slim, the rise was way too low. Just horrible fitting.

I got them to make me another pair with revised measurements and now I'm anxiously awaiting them. I really hope they fit. Being a large-short is horrible for finding clothes. Only suit makers and the military seem to understand that combination.

Anyone order one of these and have it arrive yet??? I already asked this like a month ago, still waiting and super nervous about the quality. Got it new on ebay for $31 including shipping. Couldn't pass it up s-l500.jpg

Anybody ever ordered a jacket from this site? http://www.hleatherjackets.com/product/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-2-jacket/ Its a new site and seems to good to be true but man... I want it to be true because their real leather V2 jacket looks awesome. Scamdetector sites don't have info on it.

I own both. They're both mediocre in different ways IMO. The Hleather is a generic one, I think a dozen vendors sell it. It's nice but the "weathering" paint isn't very good. It's messy. It also doesn't sit very well. I got a basic Large and it's right on the arms but baggy on the chest. Blacks isn't ad accurate but I feel it's made better and it sits better. It lacks weathering but that's easy to add. I'm torn on which to use for the time being.

Anybody ever ordered a jacket from this site? http://www.hleatherjackets.com/product/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-2-jacket/ Its a new site and seems to good to be true but man... I want it to be true because their real leather V2 jacket looks awesome. Scamdetector sites don't have info on it.

Dont buy from there. That picture is the identical one from an Amazon listing as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Ga...11&psd=1&keywords=Star+Lord+jacket&th=1&psc=1

*MISPOST*

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 730433
Finished altering, coloring, and weather, my Black Leather Jackets jacket. Generally okay with it and should tide me over til Zlurpos badass one hah. As for the person who asked about my shoes, what Southpaw said is right.

Hey man, few quick questions (Because I'm entering this suuuper late.)

1. Did you order the Genuine Leather one?

2. What did you use for the weathering and the coloring?

3. Hows the fit? (I wear a Large, around a 44" chest)

Thanks!

*MISPOST*

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man, few quick questions (Because I'm entering this suuuper late.)

1. Did you order the Genuine Leather one?

2. What did you use for the weathering and the coloring?

3. Hows the fit? (I wear a Large, around a 44" chest)

Thanks!

1. Yes I did.
2. Mostly just normal black leather paint for overall weathering. Just do a once over and wipe off to dirty it. The actual dark parts I obviously didn't wipe off.
3. It fits goodish. I got a large and it's rather good but the stomach could be tightened a bit.

Awesome, I'll probably order one soon. Any recommendation on Paint?

As Itsamerico said, any leather paint from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann's, or whatever craft store will do the job. I think most people subscribe to using Angelus Leather Paints (black for the Star-Lord jackets). They may be available in craft stores, but are definitely available on Amazon. Same technique as the other leather paints. Brush it on and wipe it down to achieve your desired level of weathering. You can always water the paint down if you're unsure, or use a damp rag to wipe more of it off before it dries.

Alternatively, I've also seen some people use shoe polish (only on real leather and NOT pleather) which you can also wipe down to your desired weathered look and then seal into place with Peckard's Leather Dressing.

Hope all that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back