The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I will soon find out as I purchased the amazon one after having nothing but troubles with the DYFM one. Beware the measurements. Tip go a couple of sizes up and hope it is right.

I'm probably not the only one wondering, but if anyone has a cleaning remedy for these god awful lenses on the hasbro helmet, it'd be much appreciated. I can hardly see out these things, going to be impossible to wear for Halloween

Began surgery on my Hasbro Marvel Legends Starlord bucket.
1. Removed the chin strap and clipped off the strap holders.
2. Cleaned up the lenses. In the process of replacing the lenses, LEDs and line with blue lenses.
3. Removed back head strap. Adding more padding to the inside. I don't like the fact your face is planted against the rubber gasket inside which means zero air circulation.
4. Counter sinking some small earth magnets into the hinged piece right behind the ears. This will make it a little more difficult form popping off.
5. Repaint to match movie colors after all the internals are modded.

Step 4....
Does the gold tab come out of the slot behind the ear when you wear it? Mine keeps doing that and I was thinking of something similar.

I will soon find out as I purchased the amazon one after having nothing but troubles with the DYFM one. Beware the measurements. Tip go a couple of sizes up and hope it is right.

Did you buy a stock size or provide your measurements? I was just about to buy one of the DYFM jackets since it's practically free and at least the most accurate looking jacket on the market. The pleather will probably make it unwearable, but $80 is a decent gamble.

I bought a stock size of xl and they don't provide a sleeve length and even after i ordered and asked about how fast they could ship it they told me it took 3-7 days to make the jacket so i then gave them measurements and they still made it too small. It does look nice but when on you it does not feel great. I could live with it but I will be ready to set myself on fire after wearing it all day at a con.

20170804_191351.jpg20170804_191527.jpg20170804_191538.jpg20170804_191551.jpg20170804_191603.jpg20170804_191608.jpg20170804_191629.jpg20170804_191629.jpg
Risu;42[ATTACH said:
749346.vB[/ATTACH]92571]Does it look like the pictures?
it looks alright but they have pissed me off so much about the size that I am hard to recommend them.

Attachments

• 20170804_191651.jpg
    20170804_191651.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
@STARLORD78
That USAJACKET offering is too expensive for PU. There are better budget options on ebay. Look at the "DFYM" Star-Lord jacket. You can also find some real leather jackets for the same price as the USAJACKET that look similar to it.
@Maulevolent
Looks great. Anxiously awaiting a lens kit to be offered.

Sucks the price is too high. I personally think that's one of the best accurate jackets. Looks more like Anovos and Zlurpo's. I wish I could afford Zlurpo's, but no way could I afford one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks the price is too high. I personally think that's one of the best accurate jackets. Looks more like Anovos and Zlurpo's. I wish I could afford Zlurpo's, but no way could I afford one.

You know what? I was looking at "version 1".

"Version 2" looks much better. I still think it's a tad bit expensive for PU though.

So the biggest problem for me about the DYSM jacket (aside from the pleather) is that the lapel with the two buttons and the pin seems like it's too big/long. Any thoughts/adjustments? It looks like you could iron the jacket so that the lapel looks shorter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back