Blade Runner 2049

I hope Ryan is not holding Deckard's blaster because that would mean one thing. Hope not!

Looks more action packed than the first movie, I don't mind.

Nice to see the old spinner even if it doesn't seem too last. "K"s new one reminds me of an updated version we see overtaking Deckards in the original and I like it. I'm not certain the orange skied city is on Mars anymore, it looks more like a climate change city disaster but it could be an off world colony to judge from all the prometheus like heads in the desert and the fact it looks fairly modern (if not a bit dusty and destroyed).
Seeing the replicant decanted from the bag is spookily prescient; there was an article in the New Scientist about raising lambs in artifical wombs that looked just like that. And really the only things that grated a little were the giant holograms but thats because I've seen "Ghost in the Shell".
I'm feeling fairly hopeful that this is going to be good.

18301891_10154383556987385_5466592997666941892_n.jpg

I garner Ford is in it a LOT. Looking like he walked onto the set off the street as has been said.
I see they are focusing on replicants again, not surprising but I thought maybe they might have a new direction. Oh well.
What is to be said after the first film? yes they are slaves, yes they should have "human"rights, yes we
ponder what makes us human or not. What is the next level to go to narrative wise? Is this a fight for emancipation?
They hint that Gosling's character is a replicant, perhaps Scott backed off on Deck as rep and wanted this character to be that angle.
We're seeing replicants born now? so much for subtle.
Some of the casting choices, the look of it, the 40's noir seems tossed.
Big statues/faces? I'm getting a Prometheus dirty feeling.

The trailer hits me like a sledge hammer basically, like most trailers granted. LOL
Marketing I get it.

No question I will need words from deep deep BR fans who have seen it first.

Ford said it was the best screenplay evah right?
Then it had better not be anything less than new testament stuff.

I was thinking the same thing...

Ryan was holding the blaster....than a shot of Ryan with a seriously distressed look on his face.

Yup...Deckard is going to die in this one....

Yeh, I would hate that a lot like what happened to Han in Ep7. If they kill off Deckard, I will watch it when it shows on tv.

Honestly looks a little TOO action oriented...the music was amazing, but it certainly could have just been the trailer seeming this way.

Also... Atari logo, lol. Didnt see any Gaff :(

And new gun:
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.55.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.55.15 PM.png

Last edited:
OK then!

That cityscape looks like a quick sketch. I'm sure some of these shots are still unfinished. Looking good so far though!

Glad they kept the same soundtrack vibe. It's all feeling very bladerunner expanded, which is a good thing.

Cautiously optimistic . . .

I'm still uncertain after the trailer. Very clean, lots of action, Deckard's look....still not sure about it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Deckard died in this movie. They insisted he's a replicant (even though I say no way in ****) so why wouldn't they "pass the torch" so to speak and have the new Blade Runner kill off the old one. I think Harrison wants to end his iconic characters in some way. I wouldn't doubt that Indiana Jones dies in the next movie.

Either way, I've been a life long Blade Runner fan,read all of the books, I'm quoted in "The Blade Runner Experience" and have done a lot of research and studied the originally movie in great detail. I'm still uncertain about this one. I just hope there will be some decent replica blasters out there for well under a grand.

Oh, gawd... If Ridley's tying Blade Runner 'verse into Prometheus 'verse I'm gonna scream and explode.

You do realize that for decades, fans have considered that Blade Runner takes place in the Alien universe, right? This has been a hypothesis that's been around long before Prometheus.

BTW, I got a chuckle when I saw the Atari logo. XD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back