YT-1000 Corellian Freighter scratch build

Gattaca

I've been working on this for about a year now, I've been inspired by all the fabulous model builds on this site so I thought I'd give it a try. The model is 16 inches long and built entirely of styrene sheet, cast parts and of course model tank and plane parts. I'm getting close to finishing up, hopefully this summer. The model was just primed in white so the picture is in sepia to show the detail a bit better.
I have more info on my blog at Gattaca Models and Props: September 2012
(I hope it's ok to post a link to my blog, if not let me know and I'll remove it.)
I'll try to add more pictures here as I get more work done.

P1040691.JPG

I love it......and the components you're making could be used for other YT variants......top quality stuff

Can't wait to see the paint-job

J

Thanks for the kind words and to all those that visited my blog, my 'page views' sky rocketed yesterday. I was asked what my next project would be, I'm pretty sure it will be something much simpler. This project is fun, but it's taking a long time. The web site "Concept Ships" has lots of cool space ship art that have inspired me to build more smaller models that would take a few months to build, not years. Also, I'd like to try building something of my own design.

Judging by the quality of your work on this freighter I look forward to seeing something of your own design.

Kudos.

Cheers
Eddie

Just glued the upper and lower hulls together, now I can start working on all the side details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a couple snap shots of the model standing on it's side. The light from above helps show some of the detail better than my first post.
P1040709.JPGP1040710.JPG

Thanks futurepast, you just made my day!! I do have a blog if you haven't visited it there is a link in the first post above.
Have a great day!

Really nice work on the YT-1000. I visited your blog. The red truck model looks just like your old truck. Love the tank too. At the risk of sounding redundant, you sir are a very, very good model builder.

I love all these alternate freighter designs. They need more air time in the movies. keep up the good work. Just started reading the blog and glad I'm not the only one who buys from Micromark lol.

Well that's looking the bee's knees!

Inspiring work indeed.

I'm looking forward to your progress.

Cheers
Eddie

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back