YOUTUBE CHANGES?!?!

So that add is throw into the video.. and not part of the actual original edited video uploaded to YouTube?

I’ve had premium since it was release. I haven’t seen a ad in many years and honestly the best feature is the ability to have the YouTube app play in the background while I do other things. I can be watching some lecture, remember to place a bid on eBay, and never have the video get cut off.

Honestly I think if people went through their Youtube history and added up their weekly watch time it would easily justify 10 bucks a month.

if you mean the one that let you watch whole videos without clicking on them ?
that particular change has stopped working for me
no it was just when you moved to each video it would play 5-10 seconds like a preview. so now they have 3 channel's?? reg. youtube, youtube short's, and youtube music.?!? m geuss I need to start paying more attention LOL

Can always use pi-hole to block YouTube ads, even works for consoles since it acts as a dns server for a private network ,replacing any prexisting DNS server, but I'd does not always block100%, time to time you'll need to tweak, add ads specific domains to block list, nothing out there will block all days.

I’ve had premium since it was release. I haven’t seen a ad in many years and honestly the best feature is the ability to have the YouTube app play in the background while I do other things. I can be watching some lecture, remember to place a bid on eBay, and never have the video get cut off.

Honestly I think if people went through their Youtube history and added up their weekly watch time it would easily justify 10 bucks a month.
I've seen videos posted by YouTube content creators who have speculated that the very reason for the relatively recent onslaught of ads in videos is a specific intent to drive viewers to the paid, ad-free version. Ad-blockers won't work for me because I watch YouTube mostly on my Roku TV.

SSB

so how much would it cost MONTHLY to get youtube TV, regular youtube, youtube music and youtube shorts without ads........ (n)I will stick with ad's :rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed the youtube changes? they seem to have just "upgraded' to a netflix style format. you "hover" over a video and it will show a small clip. and has anyone noticed the ad's have gotten longer... I have been watching ton's of tutorial's etc. and the ad's were about 5-6 seconds long at the beginning. sometimes 2 in a row, but in just the last couple days they have been 15-30 seconds long each and saying ad 1 of 2..... and then multiple ad's during the video. so now, you have to sit thru youtubes "placed" ad's and then deal with everyone's "sponsored" ad's... getting very frustrating!!!

If you're using the YouTube app on your phone, tablet or TV, you can bypass the ads that won't allow you to skip. Pause the video, look for the small exclamation in a circle, select it, and if it gives you the option to do so, then click on "Stop Seeing This Ad", it will ask if you are sure, click "Yes" and then click on the reason (if you want to. I always select "Irrelevant"). It works on a few of the ads, while there are some that won't allow you the option to do so.

Also, another thing they've done is remove the information about the Dislikes of a video. And this basically comes to my mind of how stupid they are.

d86df4f3f421fbda5e4d131e1eb0338330aaade4842158bf1b7ce9fcfd3baa0e_1.webp

So YouTube "upgraded" on me and I can no longer see dislikes, which is stupid in and of itself, but along with that it forgot every vid I've ever watched and is recommending vids I've already seen.
So stupid.

So YouTube "upgraded" on me and I can no longer see dislikes, which is stupid in and of itself, but along with that it forgot every vid I've ever watched and is recommending vids I've already seen.
So stupid.
I posted an extension a few posts up that restores the dislikes, and YT has been recommending vids I've seen for years. Lots of weird crap that makes no sense, at least my ad blockers still work perfectly.

I posted an extension a few posts up that restores the dislikes, and YT has been recommending vids I've seen for years. Lots of weird crap that makes no sense, at least my ad blockers still work perfectly.
Same here, I spend a lot of time just telling it not to recommend all of the videos I've already seen and it never seems to learn.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back