Your number one WORST film ever.

Return of the Jedi

no other film even comes close to the degree of misery and suffering I've had from that movie

Worst film ever is tough. To be the worst film, I'd say the concept would have to be good, but be an utter failure in execution. The first one that pops to mind- Man of Steel.

What a crapfest that thing was. Concept=superman (love superman). Dialogue=miserable. Story=miserable. Execution= what's worse than miserable. Directing=inept. Writing=joke. Special Effects=Fair to cartoonish at best. Fight scenes=overdone and pointless.

If we're only counting movies you've actually bought then I can name two. "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)" and "The Blair Witch Project (1999)" . It's the only DVD's we've bought that got tossed out.

Blair Witch used to be the worst movie I'd ever seen. It was slow, boring, gave me motion sickness, but it did have a good ending. That was the only part I liked, and not just because it meant the movie was over.

Tom Horn (1980), starring Steve McQueen. Went with the girl I was dating at the time...about fifteen minutes into it, she told me she'd started dating someone else, and wanted to end the relationship. We left, took her home, never talked to her again.

I won't ass punch you, but i'll slap you in the face if that works? I'm only joking,I got *SUCKERED* into seeing Sucker Punch too.It was a convolouted CG mess with a poorly written script and plot that barrowed and ripped off way better "alternate" reality/brain twist films like "Total Recall", "The Matrix" and a couple others

Except that it didn't rip off EITHER of those movies, as one revolved around a computer generated dream world created by machines in order to pacify and control human beings for use as a power source, while the other had to do with memories being erased in order to cover up a conspiracy.

Sucker Punch took place in a girl's imagination...a world that she created to escape the reality of her life.

Whether or not you liked the CG work or the storyline, it doesn't come off as a ripoff of The Matrix or Total recall at all.

I think for me Peter Jackson´s try to bring the LOTR triology to screen has been one of my worst 3 movie expieriences in life. .

I hear this said on (rare) occasion and I always wonder what films the speakers of this viewpoint went to see?

Are they word-for-word film representations of every literal page that Tolkein wrote? No. But what they ARE are wonderfully envisioned films which bring that world to life for not only old school fans but also for continuing generations of new fans who might never have been turned on to the world of Middle Earth if it were not for these films. The acting is superb, the story is epic and sweeping--just like the novels.

I honestly don't see what there is to dislike.

Third would be Sucker Punch. While it is visually *stimulating* it is an otherwise empty story.

It IS definitely visually stimulating. But I don't agree that it's an "empty" story. The plotline isn't muddled at all, as some have said. It's fairly easy to follow and is compelling in it's own way.

Personally, I thought it a marvelous directoral decision to convey what must have been horribly lewd dances by instead showing action packed fight scenes which took place in environments which were evocative of the particular part of the girls' plan which was being played out at that moment.

The story is about never letting the ones "in power" grind you down. It's about triumph against the odds. It's also about choosing to focus on what you feel your life ought to be, rather than fixating on how wrong it has gone.

It isn't cinematic mastery.... but it IS very good in it's own way, and is far from "empty" in terms of story.

This is for all studio production level movies.
After contemplating the many movies i've watched, i must say...

Atlas Shrugged Part III. Total ****up (i was trying to find an appropriate term for the film, others that came to mind were ****storm and cluster****) with the worst acting, scripting, direction, production.

They even managed to make the parts they stole from the second movie look worse...

Alien vs Predator Requiem. Combining two of my favorite Sci-Fi IP's and collectively ruining them with what appears to be grudging, intentional malice.

Only God Forgives. I loved Drive and was excited to see it, but it's probably the only movie i've ever purchased and couldn't finish (maybe it got better? but I couldn't take anymore). Also, when the wife wanted to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop years ago. The night ended with my wife ashamedly saying "i'm so sorry" over and over. The fact someone on this planet green lit a sequel makes me lose hope in humanity.

Recently.....The Amazing Spider-Man 2.....I felt very awkward watching it,......the closest I've been to getting up & leaving the cinema

J

Only God Forgives. I loved Drive and was excited to see it, but it's probably the only movie i've ever purchased and couldn't finish (maybe it got better? but I couldn't take anymore). Also, when the wife wanted to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop years ago. The night ended with my wife ashamedly saying "i'm so sorry" over and over. The fact someone on this planet green lit a sequel makes me lose hope in humanity.

I too loved Drive so I suggested to my date that we see Only God Forgives...What a mistake for a first date. She is now my girlfriend but I will never live it down, especially when picking a movie.

Recently.....The Amazing Spider-Man 2.....I felt very awkward watching it,......the closest I've been to getting up & leaving the cinema

J

I couldn't finish it, I don't know what it was but I couldn't watch it anymore.

I hear this said on (rare) occasion and I always wonder what films the speakers of this viewpoint went to see?

Don´t listen to him, he´s hardcore old school ;) Bakshi rules. good Tolkien adaptions ended for Trap Joe when the lights went on in the movie theater where he watched LOTR directed and realized by Bakshi :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back