Your Indiana Jones Displays - Lets see 'em

This is amazing. 100% saving this post as inspiration for when I move and can set up my home office as if it was Indy's.
Thanks! I had placed a financial limit on myself so it didn't get out of control so some of the props are not the best ones. For example, the hat is too dark, the jacket isn't dark enough, the idol is the less expensive bright one, the whip is too short, etc but I will replace those as finances allow.

Just finished my indiana jones display. The pearl harbor newspaper sets the display in 1942 so after last crusade and before crystal skull. Everything is authentic from the 1910-1941 period. All documents, letters, books, are authentic from the period as well as the newspapers. No reproductions. Books are relevant to what an archaeologist would have-one on Ancient Rome, one on South American archaeology,etc. The poison dart gun is a real blowgun from the Yachua tribe in Peru complete with piranha mandible decoration. The desk is a 1930's teachers desk and the suitcase is from a professor in Oregon who traveled to Europe in the 1920's so the decals on the suitcase are authentic. Everything other than the props are real and from the time period including the type writer, microscope, flashlight, tools, telegraph, etc. Only exception is the compass which is a repro while i wait for the antique one to show up.. Unfortunately most of the props like the Sankara stones, eye of the peacock diamond, etc. are in the drawers. I didn't want it just to be just looked at from a distance like most displays. I wanted people to be able to explore it and discover things. There are dozens of Easter eggs and surprises if you look carefully enough. You can go through the drawers and find props as well as the normal things a professor would have in his desk in the 1930's. Even a secret stash of 1941 comic books in his desk. Indiana seems like the kinda guy who would have a stash of comics hidden in his work desk. I know i do! The Webley ammo is currently .45 magnum but I will be receiving correct .455 inert Webley rounds in a couple days that will replace the magnum rounds. It is in my garage now but when my son gets his new house we will move it in there.
View attachment 1739085View attachment 1739086View attachment 1739087View attachment 1739088
View attachment 1739111
Now that's a display!! Well done-looks great.

Thanks! I had placed a financial limit on myself so it didn't get out of control so some of the props are not the best ones. For example, the hat is too dark, the jacket isn't dark enough, the idol is the less expensive bright one, the whip is too short, etc but I will replace those as finances allow.
I do the same thing. Nothing wrong w that. All looks awesome! No need to go broke building an Indy shrine. Hell i make a lot of stuff myself. Makes me appreciate it more. Keep up the good work.

Just finished my indiana jones display. The pearl harbor newspaper sets the display in 1942 so after last crusade and before crystal skull. Everything is authentic from the 1910-1941 period. All documents, letters, books, are authentic from the period as well as the newspapers. No reproductions. Books are relevant to what an archaeologist would have-one on Ancient Rome, one on South American archaeology,etc. The poison dart gun is a real blowgun from the Yachua tribe in Peru complete with piranha mandible decoration. The desk is a 1930's teachers desk and the suitcase is from a professor in Oregon who traveled to Europe in the 1920's so the decals on the suitcase are authentic. Everything other than the props are real and from the time period including the type writer, microscope, flashlight, tools, telegraph, etc. Only exception is the compass which is a repro while i wait for the antique one to show up.. Unfortunately most of the props like the Sankara stones, eye of the peacock diamond, etc. are in the drawers. I didn't want it just to be just looked at from a distance like most displays. I wanted people to be able to explore it and discover things. There are dozens of Easter eggs and surprises if you look carefully enough. You can go through the drawers and find props as well as the normal things a professor would have in his desk in the 1930's. Even a secret stash of 1941 comic books in his desk. Indiana seems like the kinda guy who would have a stash of comics hidden in his work desk. I know i do! The Webley ammo is currently .45 magnum but I will be receiving correct .455 inert Webley rounds in a couple days that will replace the magnum rounds. It is in my garage now but when my son gets his new house we will move it in there.
View attachment 1739085View attachment 1739086View attachment 1739087View attachment 1739088
View attachment 1739111

Nicely done. Love the Hovitos idol in the crate.

I added Magnoli’s new Short Round hat and Brenton’s bronze headpiece so I figured I would post some new pictures.

I know it’s not screen accurate, but most of the old bronze I’ve seen is dulled or darkened, so since I had a shiny gold plated headpiece, I customized the new one a bit. I can always polish it back up if I wanted to.

View attachment 1738886
I've seen this style of Headpiece display stone in several posts. Where are you all getting this from?

This is awesome, one of the best displays I've ever seen. However, I'm a vintage fountain pen guy and I can't ID the pen, is it correct for the period?
The pen was a filler and has already been replaced. There are actually 2 of them. When I first was looking for a fountain pen I went to an antique store and thought, "Man, there's no way they are so expensive! These guys are nuts!". I bought a modern one while I checked ebay and other antique stores but sure enough I guess they are highly collectible and some go for a thousand dollars or more. I had no idea. The 2 I have in the display I don't think are real expensive but I think they are period correct. There was a serial number on one that I dated to 1912 if I did it right. Here are pics. Love to get an opinion from you whether they are actually pre WW2.
1000001589.jpg

1000001586.jpg

1000001591.jpg

1000001584.jpg

This is awesome, one of the best displays I've ever seen. However, I'm a vintage fountain pen guy and I can't ID the pen, is it correct for the period?

Attachments

• 1000001589.jpg
    1000001589.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 1000001584.jpg
    1000001584.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
Can't read the clip on the green one, too blurry, but it certainly looks to be of the correct era. Universal is a very obscure brand, and is definitely pre-war. They are considered "third tier" pens, a term which describes confusingly both small pen companies and cheap low quality pens, sometimes, but not always, both at the same time. Third tier pens are often noted for their striking celluloid patterns, like your Universal, an attempt to grab the attention of the consumer.

Antique store fountain pens are nearly always overpriced, because they inevitably put professionally restored prices on poor condition pens. But I have gotten lucky before. Thousand dollar pens are really collectors items, not pens. Most of the time you are somewhere in the 2 to 3 digits.

For the record Henry's pen in Last Crusade is a Conway Stewart 58, anachronistic as it's from the 1950s.

Can't read the clip on the green one, too blurry, but it certainly looks to be of the correct era. Universal is a very obscure brand, and is definitely pre-war. They are considered "third tier" pens, a term which describes confusingly both small pen companies and cheap low quality pens, sometimes, but not always, both at the same time. Third tier pens are often noted for their striking celluloid patterns, like your Universal, an attempt to grab the attention of the consumer.

Antique store fountain pens are nearly always overpriced, because they inevitably put professionally restored prices on poor condition pens. But I have gotten lucky before. Thousand dollar pens are really collectors items, not pens. Most of the time you are somewhere in the 2 to 3 digits.

For the record Henry's pen in Last Crusade is a Conway Stewart 58, anachronistic as it's from the 1950s.
Very interesting! I think the name on the green one is Pioneer. I think I paid like $20 for each pen which was probably too much but they are interesting and learned a little bit about a hobby I knew nothing about so that's worth something. Based on the clothes Indie wore in his office he didn't seem to be too interested in fashionable or fancy stuff so a cheap functional pen would make sense. Thanks for the expertise!

Last edited:

IMG_8436.jpeg

Yep. Pic from the prop book attached. I’ve been flirting with getting one for a while and finally just ordered one on eBay for less than $100. Looks pretty accurate on the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_4227.png
    IMG_4227.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
View attachment 1739662
Yep. Pic from the prop book attached. I’ve been flirting with getting one for a while and finally just ordered one on eBay for less than $100. Looks pretty accurate on the pic.
Very cool! By the way, I received my inert .455 Webley rounds today. Big difference compared to the Colt .45. I got them from J&M Spec, LLC. I believe they were like $25 for 6. If anyone needs them. You want the standard inert with firing pin
1000001594.jpg

1000001598.jpg

Very cool. Great minds think alike …

The cool thing about that .455 ammo is that it chambers both the Webley Green and the S&W Hand Ejector Model 2 (HE2) from Bapty (which is believed to be the live fire version of the Raiders gun). So I display it both on the Crusade and Raiders portions of my display.

Attachments

• IMG_4234.png
    IMG_4234.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4235.png
    IMG_4235.png
    11 MB · Views: 65
Ok so apparently (according to this), Mal’s gun was based off a Taurus Model 85.

All I know is Indy used a Webley green in both Crusade and Skull and an empty Webley holster in temple.
Ah, thanks for setting me straight. I heard about the Firefly gun second hand so I wasn't real confident it was true. Yeah, if you haven't seen Firefly definitely worth checking out. They also did a movie called Serenity which was excellent

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back