Prop Store

Your FAVORITE Screen-Used Prop!

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by Carrossea, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

Hello, everyone,

So I was interested in seeing how many of you RPF members own actual, screen-used or production-made copies of movie props, and which one(s) is your absolute favorite!

To share, you can list:

1) which prop you have/one that you like THE BEST
    2) if it's screen-used/production-made/etc.
    3) the movie it is from (in case someone hasn't seen the movie)
    4) and any other comments/remarks/etc.!
    5) Post pictures if you want to too!

Thanks!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  2. poormansjb

poormansjb Well-Known Member

Re: Collectors: Share Your Screen-Used or Production-Made Props Here!

Maybe I'm not understanding your purpose in creating this thread but it seems to duplicate the forum itself.

3. Guardian Devil

Guardian Devil Sr Member

That would appear to be what this sub-forum is for, but either way here's mine:

My collection of original costumes and props from various productions can be seen here:
    Archive of Screen Used Riddick Costumes and Props :: Other Screen-Used Costumes and Props

My collection of costumes and props from Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick can be seen here:
    Archive of Screen Used Riddick Costumes and Props :: Screen Used Props from Pitch Black & The Chronicles of Riddick

4. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

I changed the thread slightly now. Thanks for the info.

5. Crowbot

Crowbot New Member

The only screen-used items I currently have are the red wool coat and 30-06 rifle my dad used when he was a Zombie hunter in "Dawn of the Dead (1978) (Technically he still has them, but I have used the coat for Zombie Walks at Monroeville Mall, where a lot of the movie was filmed.), and the yellow bandannas we were given for the stadium scene in DKR. Working on improving my collection, though.

6. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

@Crowbot: That's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

7. StarForge

StarForge Active Member

I haven't a single screen-used prop only replicas :(

8. TK9477

TK9477 New Member

I only have replicas........but I love may E-11s :love

9. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Working STaff Gun from STARGATE Movie.

10. liam1989

liam1989 New Member

david hasselhoff rescue can from piranha 3dd

11. theronstang

theronstang Active Member

It would be a tie between my Slyak the bounty hunter costume from Hunter Prey with hand drawn sketch, my two zombie cowls from Dawn of the Dead, and my prop Ajax warhammer from Troy. I love them equally and more than the rest of my props.

12. specialk1

specialk1 New Member

well I'm new on this form and collecting . and have a screen used prop from X files, David duchovny cell phone from season 2 and 3 . and stuff from defying gravity & Teranova .

13. carterfan

carterfan Active Member

My favourite so far is a Xena original costume design that was fished out of the trash in NZ during the tuner auctions. It feature Gabrielle's Archangel costume. Not a prop per se but it's cool and from the show.

14. Rikarus

Rikarus Well-Known Member

hands down my Starship Troopers full kit, with blood and bug guts and dirt.....love it! And if you haven't seen the SST gear you should, amazing well put together and very military like durability.

[​IMG]

Jango Wes likes this.
  15. Bronson BB

Bronson BB Well-Known Member

1) which prop you have/one that you like THE BEST
    My Browncoat
    2) if it's screen-used/production-made/etc.
    Screen used in every episode
    3) the movie it is from (in case someone hasn't seen the movie)
    TV show, really: Firefly
    4) and any other comments/remarks/etc.!
    Still had California dust on it when I got it.
    5) Post pictures if you want to too!
    I don't have any on me.
    Check the Firefly official companion book #1 for pics.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  16. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

Does the rifle work?

17. G17RDY

G17RDY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Whilst i don't have many screen used props, so it is rather easy to make a choice here!! I would have to say that my favorite item throughout all of my life possessions, has to be my Del Spooner hero holster and stunt gun from i,Robot.

Watched the film again for the millionth time last night, as it was on tv, and still got really excited seeing the props on screen, got a real buzz from it, and it boosted my overall interest in movie props.

18. Malmeansbad

Malmeansbad Member

For me right now it's my screen used Hero PAL from Firefly.

19. tk1565

tk1565 Well-Known Member

I'd have a lot of screen used and production pieces and costumes
    My absolute fav costume is my BSG viper flightsuit Background used fits like it was made for me. And reasantly attained the Hera drawing and Kara music backups from propworx these are the most awesome paper prop to me due to there relavance to the show and iam a Hugh Hendrix fan
    Fav prop gate section from stargate sg1 and chevrons 4 and 7
    I'll try and click some pictures it's about time I shared it all
    Tk..out

20. Lan Jenn

Lan Jenn Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

About 10 years ago, or earlier, a friend showed up at my shop with the sash that Michael Dorn wore in TNG, and we made molds of the two Klingon medallions that adorned the front. I have resin and metal copies from the molds we made.

I also have an R2 skirt made from molds from an original at ILM. My next addition is the master wood plug used to make the swords for the magi in The Mummy Returns. I'm getting it on a trade.

My favorite is the R2 skirt.

21. Monkey67

Monkey67 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The Mummy Returns - Evelyn black Outfit she wore during the house fight / museum / double decker bus fight scenes

22. Triborough

Triborough New Member

The prop North Carolina license plates that were on my car on the last episode of 30 Rock. Although I am guessing my car would be a prop, too?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Tom

Tom Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

LOL, so true. Not piling on, Carrossea. But I did find poormansjb's post funny. :)

24. akrembug

akrembug Active Member

Hmm well lets see. I would have to say... my whole collection of Stargate SG-1 stuff. I am a HUGE Stargate fan. I basicaly grew up watching the show.

Here is the list (Screen used):
    Ancient Communication Stone (One of three, used in SG-1)
    Asgard Stone
    Zat-Gun
    Small collection of Replicator blocks
    Sodan Cloaking device
    Locator Beacon
    Ohh and I know they aren't props but autographed photos of almost the whole crew.

I'm waiting on an R-75 bug and looking for Tok'Ra communicator/Bio Sensor and Autographs from RDA and Amanda Tapping

25. coofunkcurly

coofunkcurly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Gotta be my Bane mask from The Dark Knight Rises. I consider it production made but it could have been screen used. Impossible to tell.

[​IMG]

26. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

How did you score that? Prop Store?

27. p51

p51 Sr Member

My Dad's civil war cannon (a hand-built M1941 6-pounder for anyone who knows artillery) is a movie prop, used in the background of Ray Liotta's first movie, "Something Wild," and dad literally bumps into Jeff daniels in the gas station scene right afterward, if you've ever seen the movie...
    But as for me, I have a flightsuit from "Space: Above and Beyond" I'm really fond of, as well as a few "Saving Private Ryan" uniforms and props, but I think this is my favorite, a 'ascan' suit from "Defying Gravity":
    Santiniflightsuit.jpg

28. stefanchik

stefanchik Active Member

Gotta be the fully working DHD as used on all the Stargate franchises :) DHD.JPG

29. Evyltwyn

Evyltwyn New Member

My white mmpr movie gloves

30. theatrix

theatrix Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My cover stone from the original Stargate movie. I also have a bridge chair from the bridge of the Roger Young from Starship troopers.

31. garyj800

garyj800 New Member

My screen used "Lost" satellite phone. Was "damaged" after "Frank Lapidus" crashed his helicopter on the island. I got a great screen shot of a close up. The phone was then repaired by the crew to look in whole condition and was used in distance shots. I found cardboard in the phone used to repair it and on it was the prop makers address in CA.

32. zyote

zyote Active Member

I’ve only just started collecting props. My first was an Ampule from Prometheus, and my latest was one of the wall panel displays from the Life Pod also in Prometheus. I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out the UI, and animation that goes on the panel, and am gonna actually remake some of them too. Sorry for bad photo, the camera blew the lights out a bit, but it looks all very sharp in real life. :-D

This was used in the scene at the end when noomi’s character climbs back into the life pod and is gathering oxygen canisters.

panel.jpg

Prop was from Prop Store. Those guys there are amazing! super friendly.

33. theronstang

theronstang Active Member

7694500_orig.jpg
    Would be the prop I go to save before any others lol.

34. sciroccojunky

sciroccojunky Active Member

Have to say mine is the stunt kino and remote set from SGU. Favorite replica prop is my Chevron light made by andy. Replica hero large kino remote coming this coming week will maybe take the top spot (also made by andy). Loves me my stargate stuff.

35. forde79

forde79 New Member

i have Adam Sandlers screen worn waterboy jersey, has to be my favorite

falloutnvmaster likes this.
  36. TheBostonHope

TheBostonHope New Member

That is awesome!

My favorite Screen Used Prop that I own would have to be 3 Vinyl Record Sleeves of Stillwater from Almost Famous. They are very well made. They are seen throughout the movie at different scenes. But a close second would be the Glasses that Andy Dick wears in Employee Of The Month. They are crazy thick.

37. swede

swede Active Member

For me,Right now
    My Moon Bloodgood (salvation) screenused desert eagle.
    I had a rare future war grenade (T2) but i sold it

38. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

My Batman Panther cowl from Batman Forever, it can be screen matched as one of the cowls displayed in the batcave.

39. Ketzer.com

Ketzer.com Sr Member

40. stefanchik

stefanchik Active Member

41. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

42. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

My favorite prop I own is from National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Can't upload the picture of my prop for some reason. :/

National-Treasure-2-Book-of-Secrets-President-s-Book-of-Secrets-Ross-MacDonald-Production-Made-2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  43. Tik Tok of Oz

Tik Tok of Oz New Member

Sooo shiny! *_*

Hey! Pinhead from the Puppet Master series! <3

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  44. Nidgit

Nidgit Active Member

Love that Puppet. Very cool.

My fave (for now) is a Jordu Schell zombie maquette from Dawn of the Dead

[​IMG]

45. forde79

forde79 New Member

46. GreenRock99

GreenRock99 New Member

band b 2.jpg band b 3.jpg
    Mine has to be my band of brothers helmet that the guy selling it let me pay for in instalments as I wanted it sooo badly !

47. dkasai

dkasai Member

I am a screen used prop :) I still have my air force fatigues from the move "Independence Day". I was also an extra in "The Hulk" and "Conair" all filmed on the same abandoned air field in Wendover, UT.

48. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

Haha! Nice!! I'd kill to be an extra in some pretty well-known films. :lol

49. Carrossea

Carrossea Active Member

Here is one of my most prized possessions. :love

Production-made National Treasure: Book of Secrets prop by Ross MacDonald. This was the last production-made one he had, so I was lucky to get one before he ran out.

National-Treasure-2-Book-of-Secrets-President-s-Book-of-Secrets-Ross-MacDonald-Production-Made-1.jpg National-Treasure-2-Book-of-Secrets-President-s-Book-of-Secrets-Ross-MacDonald-Production-Made-2.jpg

50. deaddog

deaddog Member

Wow, VERY cool zombie maquette. !!! My personal favorite would have to be my original Texas Chainsaw props and my piece of the Death Star although I have so many favorites... Star_Wars_Large_Death_Star_Piece_1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Hitch.jpg