Your favorite Godzilla?

Ahhh finally another Godzilla thread :thumbsup

The Godzilla and Mechagodzilla from the new Mechagodzilla.

MG11sm.jpg

MG24sm.jpg

MG25sm.jpg

MG5sm.jpg

MG7sm.jpg

MGscr1.jpg

Favorite? HAS to be... 1954 Goji..... :D

shodaigoji.jpg

But my favorie of all, is this statue I have from UniFive... not really sure what it is, some kind of "prototype" Godzilla design I guess. It sort of looks like the bighead hand puppet from the first film.

kt-u5G54-qtr.jpg

kt-uG54-blankeyes.jpg

kt-u5G54-front.jpg

Handpuppet from 1954 film

g54-hillpuppet.jpg

Looks a bit like "Tohosaurus" actually (a nickname for this early version of the design)

toho5.jpg

toho6.jpg

anything is good except that crappy version we put out awhile back, should have been called the radioactive aguana. the last run they did from 1991 till the godzilla wars was some of the best looking suits.

Mine is 1962 Godzilla from King Kong VS. Godzilla
[image]http://kensforce.com/04konggojira2.jpg[/image]
[image]http://kensforce.com/06konggojira2.jpg[/image]

Lynn

I really like the latest versions coming out of Japan...and I know I'm gonna get shot for this but on just a design standpoint I love the one that Patric Totopolis designed for the Mathew Broderic version.
To me that was the slickest Godzilla.

sakai-2000-maquett.jpg

godzilla_001.jpg

My holy grail prop of all time, without question, competitor or close second would be a full size functional Godzilla suit. I was pretty impressed with the Godzilla versus Mechagodzilla version. Tough to pick an absolute favoraite :)

I absolutely loved the Heisei suits. Most particularly the big G from "Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla" and the Burning Godzilla from "Godzilla vs. Destroyah".

All the G suits in the Heisei series looked good though - everything after Destroyah I'm pretty eh on.

How cool would it be if someone were to sculpt these. (Hint. Hint.) :)

Oh, and nothing beats the King Ghidora suit from the 1991 "Godzilla vs. King Ghidora". I remember when I first saw that updated design in an issue of G-Fan I nearly messed my pants.

From Space Godzilla:
Godzilla.jpg

From Destroyah:
BurningGodzilla01.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 7 2006, 03:58 AM) [snapback]1239787[/snapback]</div>
Favorite? HAS to be... 1954 Goji..... :D

But my favorie of all, is this statue I have from UniFive... not really sure what it is, some kind of "prototype" Godzilla design I guess. It sort of looks like the bighead hand puppet from the first film.

[/b]

I think that model kit is the prototype G-suit that was built but later abandoned for a newer version.
I've seen a picture of the crew with the suit somwhere in a magazine of mine.

nick

Mine is the suit used in the 60's and early 70's. 1971 comes to mind. G's face just looked cool to me...........friendlier I guess. The whole costume just looked better to me.......not as much a rubber suit maybe.

Dave

I was always partial to the 60's "G. vs. The Thing" suit.
But now that I'm thinking about it, the '84-5 suit strikes a good medium between the '60s & the '90's suits. So, that's my new favorite- and I really don't like the most recent versions.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back