Young Arnold Schwarzenegger 1:1 Sculpt new shoulder and chest page 4

img02891n.jpg

img02801va.jpg

Anychance of staring a thread on the piece i can see your on with in the background, next to the hot toys terminator figure??

Re: Young Arnold Schwarzenegger 1:1 Sculpt UPDATED 12-26 page 4

I really like this piece... I think that the likeness is about as good as I have seen.
There are some things that my minds eye points out , those may just be nitpick's...

Especially when it comes to comparing the sculpture to a picture...
But the exaggerated wrinkles may be your intension.
The wrinkles for the crows feet, and the lines from the nasolabial folds ... are a bit "drawn" in.. Instead of relying on shadows and forms.
The lines and wrinkles on the forehead between the eyes do seem a bit over exaggerated as well... as in their length and height.. Go to far up into the forehead...
Minds eyes memory... The image of Arnold wearing the glasses from Terminator is an image that is burned in to my mind... And in that pic? The lines are not anywhere near as pronounced on the forehead... The wrinkles barely show at all above the glasses. Pay attention to the pitch of the nose as well... From above the upper lip and outward... The pic shows your nose aiming higher than Arnold's... Leveling that plane will create even for of a realistic match.

Like I said.. Great sculpture... and the likeness is undeniable.. This piece of yours is very close to looking real, which requires fooling the minds eye and it's memory. A silicone copy with hair punched in to it would look pretty darn cool, and imagine if you could get a casting from the Wardrobe piece used in the film?
Hmmm...

he has sad previously that the added lines and expression are intentional as he has given him a sort of angry snarly look - so inevitably these will look too much when dressed as the poster for T1 as Arnold has a pretty straight expression as opposed to angry like the sculpt

Re: Young Arnold Schwarzenegger 1:1 Sculpt UPDATED 12-26 page 4

I really like this piece... I think that the likeness is about as good as I have seen.
There are some things that my minds eye points out , those may just be nitpick's...

Especially when it comes to comparing the sculpture to a picture...
But the exaggerated wrinkles may be your intension.
The wrinkles for the crows feet, and the lines from the nasolabial folds ... are a bit "drawn" in.. Instead of relying on shadows and forms.
The lines and wrinkles on the forehead between the eyes do seem a bit over exaggerated as well... as in their length and height.. Go to far up into the forehead...
Minds eyes memory... The image of Arnold wearing the glasses from Terminator is an image that is burned in to my mind... And in that pic? The lines are not anywhere near as pronounced on the forehead... The wrinkles barely show at all above the glasses. Pay attention to the pitch of the nose as well... From above the upper lip and outward... The pic shows your nose aiming higher than Arnold's... Leveling that plane will create even for of a realistic match.

Like I said.. Great sculpture... and the likeness is undeniable.. This piece of yours is very close to looking real, which requires fooling the minds eye and it's memory. A silicone copy with hair punched in to it would look pretty darn cool, and imagine if you could get a casting from the Wardrobe piece used in the film?
Hmmm...

Thanks for your comments:) I can see what you mean, but compare the sculpture to that picture is pointless because they have a completely diferent facial expression I put the comparison there just for fun. I was after the conan look. Mine is pissed with both nostrils wide open and pulled up, a snarl and closed left eye. The wrinkles are the result to that Dramatic expression ;). Terminator have this blank robot lack of expression that is why it doens't have much wrinkles. At this picture you can see the snarl better and how the nose is responding to the closed eyes. To portrait the terminator I would probably need to redo the WHOLE face (even though the t1 give some isolated snarls during the film)

img1233aavc.jpg

(also i just cut his hair ;))

anyway did anyone notice how arnold mimics Clint eastwood snarl face?

Last edited:
No worries...
Like I said... I like the piece... And I understand the difference with the expressions... It is all subjective in the end... Make it your own, as they say.

To me?
The amount of compressed flesh between the eyes, and the nasolabial lines look like older Arnold... Blended on to younger Arnold's face.
My comments were not from un-uppreciation of what you are doing.. More out of curiosity... I have some friends that do these types of sculptures for a living... And I was simply bouncing some of my curiosity off of you...
Are you planning on doing a silicone skins with finished eyes and punched hair?
Or will you eventually sculpt the hair on to this piece?

No worries...
Like I said... I like the piece... And I understand the difference with the expressions... It is all subjective in the end... Make it your own, as they say.

To me?
The amount of compressed flesh between the eyes, and the nasolabial lines look like older Arnold... Blended on to younger Arnold's face.
My comments were not from un-uppreciation of what you are doing.. More out of curiosity... I have some friends that do these types of sculptures for a living... And I was simply bouncing some of my curiosity off of you...
Are you planning on doing a silicone skins with finished eyes and punched hair?
Or will you eventually sculpt the hair on to this piece?

You are probably right as I used a lot the older arnold pictures and references as they are much easier to get :) My best reference is the 55 year old bust so...:cool

I'm going after the silicone version with glass eyes and real hair. That is why I entered this board in the first place :)

That sounds cool...
Should be damn impressive when all said and done.
Do you make your eyes from scratch? Or buy pre-made?

I don't have the eyes yet!!! I tried to contact 2 stores already but none of them give any anwser hahaha I think that they don't wnat to make custom Arnold eyes for me :cry

I sculpted 11mm iris eyes and most are 13 mm. I read somewhere here that 11mm was the right size to go with him

Not sure of the eyes, and the average mm diameter.. Have to ask my buddy that makes all of His own eyes...
Do you plan on making a second mold for hard copies, say faux bronze, that would have the hair on Him?
May have to clear a spot on a shelf...

Not sure of the eyes, and the average mm diameter.. Have to ask my buddy that makes all of His own eyes...
Do you plan on making a second mold for hard copies, say faux bronze, that would have the hair on Him?
May have to clear a spot on a shelf...

I willt try to save the original sculpt as I want to do a terminator version aas well with the blank face hahha, For faux bronze i would like to make it with his neck turned like my 1:3 piece...But those are all speculations at the time...

I willt try to save the original sculpt as I want to do a terminator version aas well with the blank face hahha, For faux bronze i would like to make it with his neck turned like my 1:3 piece...But those are all speculations at the time...

Which terminator version are you doing ? Never seen a 1:1 tech noir and always fancied doing one. Saying that, this snarling with the endo eye would look epic!

Silicone Mould on this first sculpture..
Do not seal it.. Just release it...
Then revisit the original clay for Bust number 2, or 3... And so on...
Would look really cool with some dynamic neck positioning...
Nice idea...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back