Yet another Obi ANH saber show off

jedeyenight

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Parks Emitter and repro clamp are just place holders.
I am awaiting a nice repro of the proper emitter and have a real graflex clamp being punched for the screws and wires.

I welcome all criticism on this piece for it is again temporarily assembled until the rest of the parts come along.

Many thanks to Roman on this. :)

Frank

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Jan 15 2006, 07:50 PM
Nice weathering.
[snapback]1159991[/snapback]​

deffinately.

the only things that stick out like a sore thumb are the parts you are replacing, other than that, the grenade and booster look perfect.

cant see the handwheel very well, but looks good to, and if its one of romans recent handwheels, then SWEET.

cant wait to complete one myself...

Lesternessman ask and you shall receive,more pics added.
Old Ken, It is Romans Handwheel. Real nice piece btw.
Thanks all for the encouraging words,I'll post more pics when it is "completed".

It used to be the Luke ANH saber that was my favorite, but after joining the RPF, I learned how cool the Obi ANH saber was. Very nice. When you're all done with it, please send it to me and I'll be happy to safeguard it for you. :p

now that's more like it. Great looking saber. The best part of discovering the pieces as of late, is all the cool threads with nothing but Obi's to look at. Great weathering job too. Thanks for posting the extra pics.

ps
thanks for making my 300th post a good one. ;)

It is a Roman grenade,again another great piece.
The weathering is various paints and solvents as well as good old fire:)

Originally posted by lesternessman@Jan 16 2006, 05:24 AM
now that's more like it. Great looking saber. The best part of discovering the pieces as of late, is all the cool threads with nothing but Obi's to look at. Great weathering job too. Thanks for posting the extra pics.

ps
thanks for making my 300th post a good one. ;)
[snapback]1160198[/snapback]​

LOL. you are more then welcome Man, glad I could be a part of it.
During the advent of these "new" parts I had got rid of My MR obi and have been chomping at the bit to get this started.

Seeing all these threads with Obi's popping up is wonderful for me.
This is one of the Props that got me into the hobby in the first place.

A public thank you again for all the investigative and productive talent that produced these parts.

Very nice, Frank. I love the weathering on the grenade. :)

The only thing I could suggest is sink the grenade a little further in to the Graflex clamp. 1/4" to be exact. Then you're golden. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back