(yet another) Iron man costume

7sinzz

well a few weeks ago myself and a friend decided to make an iron man costume in the hope of seling it when complete and making some cash.
After hundreds of hours spent learning, sourcing materials, trial and error on various pep files. Lord knows how much these things are worth when they are complete but im sure time will tell. Anyway i have signed up to therpf to say a huge thank you to robo for his iron man armour files.
At the request of Shade i have started my own thread to show my progress. We are hoping to have it compete within 2 months.
The helmet is samurais edit of the dungbeetle helmet and the armour parts are all robo3687's. They arent amazingly pepped but im more interested in doin the detailing when we get to the fiberglassing part.

Files can be found in Robo3687's thread here, thank you to him for the time and effort put in to creating the pep files:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s...st-post-rewritten-right-leg-first-post-88147/

190620101462.jpg

190620101461.jpg

230620101512.jpg

230620101514.jpg

230620101515.jpg

230620101516.jpg

240620101519.jpg

Last edited:
"This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page. "

sorry guys its my facebook page. for some reason the javaconsole on photobucket isnt working.

[edit] turns out photobucket doesnt like firefox, managed to upload the pictures using IE.

cool :)

currently working on the torso, will hopefully dress my barbie doll (known as mak) up in the gear again later tonight.

Last edited:
yeah its a bit of a loose fit but i think if i hook it round my ears it should fit more snug. i hope so anyway. :D:D:D:D:D

Looks great man! Only thing that doesen't quite look right, is the back supposed to reach so low, or not? It just looked wierd that's all so I guess I'll have to look up the Mark IV back so I can see.

yeh the upper torso is designed to sit up a bit higher, once the brace and collar plate are in there that'll help lift it up some, but some foam spacing in there will get it where it needs to be.....

probly needs to go up 2-2.5 inches from the looks of it...

thats very helpful guys thank you. im also concerned that this whole armour may be to big for my friend here. robo is obviously a bit bigger built than me and my friend and im assuming the designs were made to fit him. on another note, i started my first practice resin piece today, an old face plate a put together. came out pretty solid.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back