Yautja Culture

predation

i do wonder what we can add to the Yautja culture.

in my opinion, not every Yautja is a Hunter, though at least 2/3 of them are. also in clans with female leaders, i dont think it would be uncommon for at least half the clan to be offspring of that leader...just a start up on the discussion...i couldnt find another one so, yeah...

I don't see why not. Your ideas are just as good as Perry's and the rest of em.
In my writtings, Predator clan structure or family units are comparable with polyandry here on earth. I set it up like this becase it is different and lends a certain "alien" quality. I also like it because of the position it places the leading female in. It literally makes her a ' clan mother'. I find that this system also increases the odds of survival for younger and infant offspring. If a male is killed on a hunt, the clan mother will have a few more at hand to step in to replace him.

I also feel that not all Predators are active hunters. And, while females do hunt, it's not with the same motives or to the same capasity as it is with the males.
~Estelle

I don't see why not. Your ideas are just as good as Perry's and the rest of em.
In my writtings, Predator clan structure or family units are comparable with polyandry here on earth. I set it up like this becase it is different and lends a certain "alien" quality. I also like it because of the position it places the leading female in. It literally makes her a ' clan mother'. I find that this system also increases the odds of survival for younger and infant offspring. If a male is killed on a hunt, the clan mother will have a few more at hand to step in to replace him.

I also feel that not all Predators are active hunters. And, while females do hunt, it's not with the same motives or to the same capasity as it is with the males.
~Estelle

i like that idea. it ties in with the fact that they have alot of offspring. i dont think they take alot of consideration to them though. i mean, would a human mother have alot of love to give to her 10+ children. i think it's a bit comparable to how some houses contain ALOT of cats...

I vote we not use the word Yautja to describe anything related to Predators. Sounds like a spicy Korean dish not an alien hunter.

S
i like that idea. it ties in with the fact that they have alot of offspring. i dont think they take alot of consideration to them though. i mean, would a human mother have alot of love to give to her 10+ children. i think it's a bit comparable to how some houses contain ALOT of cats...
I'm glad you like the idea. I think Preds 'care' about their young. A clan is basically a family unit. The more family members/offspring, the larger the clan. The larger the clan, the more successful the clan. So, that alone lends virtue to the offspring and makes them worth caring about.
But, at the same time, I would venture to say Predators are not as 'emotionally' invested in their young in the same way human beings are.
In fact Predators are 'emotionally wired' very differently from humans. A good example is when the screen play novel describes the scene where the Predator kills Blain. The Predator is totally confused as to why Blain's team mates are so upset over Blain's death, he just couldn't understand it.
~Estelle

i had an idea for a concept of the females. now certain sources say that they are larger and stronger, others say that they arent that different looking from male Yautja except for the feminine qualities. i believe that it varies depending on the type/breed of the female. another explanation could be that some females possess what Yautjas would consider "dominant blood" which makes the females fit for leadership of their clan.

though i have noticed that alot of clans have male leaders...would guess that clans are just small portions of a larger "tribe" of Yautjas...

here's an interpretation of a common yautja/predator on its home planet. in one case, the common Yautja doesnt hunt as often as you would think. the majority of Yautjas live basic Yautja lives as we humans live basic human lives. the common Yautja doesnt hunt for sport, but mainly for survival. it's clothing isnt advanced at all, it's more like different forms of leather and cloth, as you can see. most Yautjas live in family groups of about 10 or more...if you have seen a glimpse of the 2004 AVP movie where you see a clip of the past of the pyramid, that would be the environment in which the common Yautja lives.

the common Yautja gets at least 10 or more offplanet sporting hunts in its lifetime, while the more specialized hunters(the ones you would normally think about) hunt as if it were a career. not all Yautja hunt. some have other jobs to do like we do...

common yautja.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back