Yarko's DREDD 2012 thread (New silicone vest armour on page 7)

Re: Dredd 2012 finished costume

Dude there are people about to spend over 3k on costumes from the propstore and I have to say in some of the shots when I looked.....frankly....yours in pretty damn close and Im not a big replica fan to be honest.

Id be proud to walk around a convention in that.

Great job.

FANTASTIC JOB!

Start working out your face muscles, tho -- your chin is gonna hurt from frowning so much at the first con you do. ;)

I love the look on your dog's face, to boot.

Oh nicely done! This came out fantastic and I loved the look you achieved with the materials you used. Really good stuff.

Re: Dredd 2012 finished costume (pics on page 2)

I took these pics for the contest thing, but I'm posting them here to keep the thread complete. This time, I'm wearing my new shoulder pads, neck piece and leather pants:

PB010617.jpg

PB010618.jpg

PB010629.jpg

PB010642.jpg

PB010644.jpg

PB010645.jpg

PB010656.jpg

PB010668.jpg

PB010675.jpg

PB010676.jpg

PB010684.jpg

And a quick background change I made:

fotoprincipal.jpg

HOLY *****!!!! I love it!!! Can't wait to order these awesome items!!!!

Very good job sir! I can't help it, but every time I look at the '95 Dredd compared to the '12 I just have to laugh. They got the reality part down pat for the new Dredd. Seriously, how Stallone enforced the law in stretchy pants and a giant codpiece and not get laughed out of every slum in Mega City One is beyond me.

Thanks so much for sharing your techniques!

I'm working on a Dredd costume as well and had no idea how to make the armor plates. Your way is PERFECT for me.

Excellent work on your costume!

Maybe you can apply some sort of black dye or paint to the white stripes? Black shoe polish maybe?

You can buy the dye that they use on leather at the factory. It works GREAT. Don't buy the shoe paint you can get at the shoe store- get REAL leather dye from crafting places as it seeps into the material instead of just staying as a top-coat layer.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back