Yarko's DREDD 2012 thread (New silicone vest armour on page 7)

Re: Dredd 2012 finished costume (pics on page 2)

Great sculpt Yarko! How long did it take you?
I just finished carving ren shape foam for this but I think you're getting more detail with the clay.
What are you planning on casting them out of?

It took me two or three days. Actually, I made a previous sculpt with kids plasticine, but it was extremely soft and didn't allow me to get details right, so I started all over again with chavant.

I believe I'm going to cast them in polyester resin + fiberglass, which is the easiest and cheapest method. I'd rather make them in epoxy resin which is more flexible, but it is overpriced, at least here (polyester is 4 € a litre, epoxy is 20€ ). But if someone is willing to pay de difference, I will offer the epxoy version as well!

how did you make the humet cuz im tryin to make one myself

I made a sculpt with NSP Chavant Medium, then made a mould with silicone and then casted it in polyester resin and fiberglass.

You can also search for papercraft files, which is easier for people who don't know/want to sculpt.

What did you use for the tinted visor on the helmet? did you just use a clear sheet of PETG and added some of that adhesive window tinting stuff?
Thanks

What did you use for the tinted visor on the helmet? did you just use a clear sheet of PETG and added some of that adhesive window tinting stuff?
Thanks

That's what I did, yes

Still working on this one! New neck piece:

PA100514.jpg

PA100500.jpg

PA100497.jpg

PA100496.jpg

And the new shoulder pads are ready to be moulded, I hope I can show them soon!

What is the thickness of the eva foam you used for the chest armor?..

Last edited:

Two or three millimeters. I has to be thin enough so you can shape it easily with the method I use

any updates on the shoulder pads that you sculpted?
looking forward to see progress pictures.
Still working on my sculpt. Thinking of casting them in rubber.

Hi!

I finally decided to suscribe in the forum. I'm the girlfriend of Yarko, the girl who makes the vest (and the base of the soulder pads).
If you have any question about materials, sizes or time for the buying, here I am, for everything. I have some problems with the lenguaje, but Yarko helps me if I need him :p

First pic of the new shoulder pads! I will try to get more pictures tomorrow with sunlight, and see if I can test them with the costume!

hombreras.jpg

Last edited:

I took these pics for the contest thing, but I'm posting them here to keep the thread complete. This time, I'm wearing my new shoulder pads, neck piece and leather pants:

PB010617.jpg

PB010618.jpg

PB010629.jpg

PB010642.jpg

PB010644.jpg

PB010645.jpg

PB010656.jpg

PB010668.jpg

PB010675.jpg

PB010676.jpg

PB010684.jpg

And a quick background change I made:

fotoprincipal.jpg

Re: Dredd 2012 finished costume

Great work. I like it the shoulders, very detailed.

The last picture looks very realistic :cool.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back